Thread: who has got a regal light weight flyweel fitted to a z20let

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

who has got a regal light weight flyweel fitted to a z20let

who has got a regal light weight flyweel fitted to a z20let ?has anyone had any problems with it making your gear box sounding noisy? ive just had the gearbox out of my van as it was getting realy noisy,but couldnt find anything wrong with so i didnt want to take any chances with it and brought a second hand box then had it all checked over and had my lsd swaped over,finaly got it all back together to find out ive still got the same noise from the new box it sounds like the gears a chattering together when under load!! ive took it back to the company who built my box up and the seem to think it could be the flywheel as it still makes the noise when its ticking over sometimes.anyone get any ideas what it could be ??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a Courtenay flywheel and don't get any noise like that, have you thought about the LSD?

On second thought did you keep the same clutch plate, if so could it be the springs in it?
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i did think it was the lsd but what they have said if it was that then it wouldnt make a noise on tickover as its not moving.the clutch has not even done 1k miles yet

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had one on mine with a regal paddle clutch and it sounds exactly the same i thought it was the pressure plate ive heard somewere you can get a stronger one but never found it changed to m32 now but would be interested to know because used to do my head in
    REGAL TUNED 442BHP
    Astra G Gsi

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive got a regal flywheel and courtney clutch and it sounds like the gearbox is rattling apart just as you say.
    i did have this same noise on my 2.0 focus and my 05 plate transit connect sounds the same as well.
    and all the noise only seems to come from putting the engines under load.
    i dont think its anything to worry about, didnt get worse on 140k focus and sounds the same on 23k mile transit and 50k zafira.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this seems that it could be quite common then,what i dont get for the first 2k miles there was no noise at all but as soon as i put be new rebuilt box back in the noise was there straight away