First of all I'd like to apologise, I introduced myself about 3 months ago and have not been on here since really. Had alot going on.
I own a 1999 1.6 sxi. There is so much going wrong with the car I wanted some opinions on whether its worth me spending the money on it or trading in for something esle
Firstly the car has done 109k, and here is a list of things I need to do.
1. Drivers seat needs replacing, very dangerous I prob shouldnt be driving it.
2. Steering is very heavy and pulls, tyres are fine.
3. It randomly decides to over rev or die without me touching anything, no idea what that is about.
4. Getting into the engine is a mission as the bonnet catch is broke, I know that wont be to much to fix.
5. Air bag fault light is constantly on.
6. Something sounds loose in the engine, constant vibration and ratteling sounds.
7. The car vibrates like crazy as soon as I hit 70mph.
8. Last but not least, as I found out yesterday on the way to see spider man 3..good film by the way, a pheasant decided it was time to end its life and as a i broke hard my back end nearly over took me... im guessing thats to do with my ABS as my brakes have never been brilliant anyway.
All this needs looking into as up until now I have not had the time or the money. Im just wondering If you think it would be worth spending alot on this car if it needs it? As after all thats done I want to start spending money on it for fun stuff
Do you think i'd be better off getting something newer with fewer miles? Even with its problems it has always got me from A to B, so I have grown attached to it. I cant decide.....