Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter

Wierd things your dog eats?

Right, I know Staffords are pretty greedy, but my two seem to eat the oddest stuff:

Satsumas, apples, grapes and they go mad for carrots!

I wouldnt mind, but they keep going off their 'proper' dog food...they lull me into a false sense of security if I buy a small bag of something for them to try and they wolf it down like they havent been fed for days, so off I trundle to buy a whopping great sack of the stuff, and they turn their noses up at it!

Anybody else have any problems?

Oh, and the latest trick is that they have sussed out how to open my tumble dryer, so I keep finding clothes in their beds with slobber and bite marks all over them....I guess thats better than their old trick of jumping up at my cooker and turning the gas on

Solved that one by having to take all my knobs off lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my friends dog eats toenails, of all things

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by GTE_LET View Post
    Right, I know Staffords are pretty greedy, but my two seem to eat the oddest stuff:

I wouldnt mind, but they keep going off their 'proper' dog food...they lull me into a false sense of security if I buy a small bag of something for them to try and they wolf it down like they havent been fed for days, so off I trundle to buy a whopping great sack of the stuff, and they turn their noses up at it!

Oh, and the latest trick is that they have sussed out how to open my tumble dryer, so I keep finding clothes in their beds with slobber and bite marks all over them....I guess thats better than their old trick of jumping up at my cooker and turning the gas on

these must be common to the breed

my 20 month old staffie likes to eat a variety of things:

socks (especially if pulled out of the clean washing pile and/or the tumble dryer - he's learned how to open that too! )

trainers (but only old ones I give him surprisingly - he grabs the laces and spins round like a hammer thrower )

wood (any wood. from tree trunks to bits of stick for the fire. he's even had a cricekt bat before!)

flys/moths/insects/spiders anything that crawls/flys and catches his eye. He's even had bees before, now that was interesting to see if we could fish it out before he got stung in the mouth/throat

these are just a few things, tbh he will eat anything. we have to have hooks on all our cupboards, turn the gas off at the mains for the cooker, and keep everything off any surface that is lower than about 5 foot.

gotta love him though!
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My pup loves horse poo.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    boo loves eating apples , cucumber,socks, mackenzies clothes ,moths,she likes milk shake too lol

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my dog likes nothing more than eating the crotch out of my 2 year old knickers and pyjamas
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My jack russell, eats my socks and anything else that lays on the floor.
    On a side note grapes are poisonius to dogs, so should be carefull if giving dogs them.

Some examples and symptoms :

Chocolate staggering, laboured breathing, vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, tremours, fever, heart rate increase, arrythmia, seizures, coma, death

Coffee / Cocoa staggering, laboured breathing, vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, tremours, fever, heart rate increase, arrythmia, seizures, coma, death

Onions Hemolytic Anemia, laboured breathing, liver damage, vomiting, diarhea, discoloured urine Mushrooms abdominal pain, drooling, liver damage, kidney damage, vomiting diarhea, convulsions, coma, death

Grapes / Raisins vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, lethargy
    From the East Midlands?
    Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leistershire, Derbyshire.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    My jack russell, eats my socks and anything else that lays on the floor.
    On a side note grapes are poisonius to dogs, so should be carefull if giving dogs them.

Some examples and symptoms :

Chocolate staggering, laboured breathing, vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, tremours, fever, heart rate increase, arrythmia, seizures, coma, death

Coffee / Cocoa staggering, laboured breathing, vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, tremours, fever, heart rate increase, arrythmia, seizures, coma, death

Onions Hemolytic Anemia, laboured breathing, liver damage, vomiting, diarhea, discoloured urine Mushrooms abdominal pain, drooling, liver damage, kidney damage, vomiting diarhea, convulsions, coma, death

Grapes / Raisins vomiting, diarhea, abdominal pain, lethargy
    SH!T
    Im glade i keep that stuff well away for my libby

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTE_LET View Post

Yeah having same problems and its doing my head in! i got about 5 big bags of food & she only have 1 bowl out of them!

all she wants is meat!!??

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I knew about rasins but not grapes.

Mine eats anything, loves apples, slippers, anything he can get out the bin or washing basket. Will lick out any packets or tins of food that he can grab.
    But most of all he goes crazy for cheese, chedder, red Leicester, baby-bel, macaroni cheese etc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast