Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Coupe Steering Wheel

Hey

Sill question but you know the vauxhall badge that goes in the middle of the steeriung wheel? can this be taken off and changed for an opel one? if so any idea where i can get one from

Cheers
    Coupe Turbo in Europa Blue "Yum Yum Me loves to Eat Fords & Type R's For Dinner"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the specific steering wheel badge can not be purchased but it should easily peel off - maybe with some heat applied.

The new badge can easily be applied in its place or even on top of the existing one.

You could get away by sourcing a small wheel centre cap badge or similar...or maybe DIY a larger one to fit

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

hmm, well i will try and get th vaux one off and see what happens, i will try and source a small opel one, any ideas, i tried lmf but they only do the full size ones, so nay suggestions greatly appreciated

D
    Coupe Turbo in Europa Blue "Yum Yum Me loves to Eat Fords & Type R's For Dinner"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Vauxhall will get you one
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is not the safest thing to change the centre badge of the steering wheel.. Had made this thought myself (mine is actually Opel because i m from Greece, and wanted to change to Vauxhall badge) but it is a big deal to change it. And even if you manage to do it, you should place the new badge in a way that won't be harmful in case of an accident (and there isnt a way to place it knowing that is 100% safe). This is why Opel/Vauxhall doesnt sell the badge or the steering wheel/airbag cover (for airbag models) seperately. Imagine the airbag opening and the badge coming off and hitting you or sth..
    Astra Mk4 3d X14XE / Midnight Black Z298

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PiNiOn View Post
    Imagine the airbag opening and the badge coming off and hitting you
    From experience of hitting an airbag - theres far worse things to hit u in the face than a small tiny plastic badge.....

If u can source a badge the same shape,size,material and adhesion properties as the original then theres no reason why it wont act in the same way as an original should it ever need to be deployed.

I say shop around - look thru ebay for any similar sized emblem and get modding.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If i knew someone might need something like that i would have kept a spare badge i had from a useless airbag but gave it to a friend of mine a few days ago. It is funny that vauxhall owners look for Opel badges and opel owners (like me) look for vauxhall badges/emblems .
    Astra Mk4 3d X14XE / Midnight Black Z298