Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CD 100 Sat Nav unit

Hello all
    When I got my car the CD 100 was an optional £1k extra which, at the time, I didn't take out. I'm now thinking about getting one but have a few questions - can anyone on here help? Can't find anything on teh web.

• Does the CD 100 play MP3 CDs
    • Does it have DAB
    • Is it cheaper or more expensive to buy and fit afterward
    • Does it come with the colour screen etc or do I have to buy it in separate bits
    • Is the sat nav function any good compared to tomtom?
    Cheers!!
    Sure, people say 'Oooh, you could have gone round that corner faster in a VXR' but it doesn't matter, because I've got ninety million miles of headroom and a big grin on my face!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    turns out it's actually the CD70 I'm after - still no price joy or anything.
    Sure, people say 'Oooh, you could have gone round that corner faster in a VXR' but it doesn't matter, because I've got ninety million miles of headroom and a big grin on my face!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    Hello all
    When I got my car the CD 100 was an optional £1k extra which, at the time, I didn't take out. I'm now thinking about getting one but have a few questions - can anyone on here help? Can't find anything on teh web.
    • Does the CD 100 play MP3 CDs
    • Does it have DAB
    • Is it cheaper or more expensive to buy and fit afterward
    • Does it come with the colour screen etc or do I have to buy it in separate bits
    • Is the sat nav function any good compared to tomtom?
    Cheers!!
    • YEs it does play MP3
    • No , no DAB
    • More expensive to fit afterwards (Unit costs £1500, Screen £650, aerial £100, wiring £ 150, Coding into the car £60)
    • Lets put it this way, I am not know for liking TomTom much but in this case I would take TomTom every time. Why you ask, because Vauxhalls attempt to flog the UK market with technology that is almost 10 years old is a p*** poor attempt (the CD70 is cd rom based), when our European counterparts get the option of a DVD navigation system and have had for almost 2 years now. 7 digit postcode input the last time I looked was lacking as well, nice one Vauxhall.
    IMHO I would be going aftermarket integrated if you want something better than Tomtom and the current setup, rather than going for the Vaux setup.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bummer Cheers for the heads up though!