Thread: Astra GSi vs Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra GSi vs Coupe Turbo

Right i'm looking to purchase in the next month, I've narrowed it down to these two cars but cant decide between them.

Do either of them come with any extras that the other doesn't?

What would you choose and why.

Thanks guys,

James

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I chose the coupe because I preffer the shape, they are rarer (where I am anyway) and can be bought for less.

The GSi has a smarter front bumper and half leather recaro seats as standard over the Coupe though.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in exactly thie same predicament. The Coupe T has more interior options, tends more commonly to have had women owners with low mileage than GSi's, but theres also a good few with high mileage that people have obviously used for business.

Coupe has loads more colours, but the GSi comes in Arden blue which was only available on the GSi. Not sure on handling, I'm yet to take any for a drive. Coupe only has 4 seats, GSi has 5. I think all the extras (ie air con, trip computer etc) are pretty much the same.

I think I'll go for a GSi, but could easily be tempted by a good condition coupe, it's a hard decision

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also.. having owned a hatch before, the coupe felt a bit more special with the frameless doors and lower roof line. The coupe is also a bit more subtle, not having the big spoiler of the GSi which I don't like.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I must admit the spoiler does put me off, rear visibility isnt great in the hatch as it is IMO. The coupe does look mint with a GSi bumper, but i doubt i'll be going crazy on mods yet, being a young nipper 'n all.

Coupes are pretty common here and wouldnt get a second glance. Only ever seen two arden GSi's within a 20 mile radius though.

Whats the visibility out the rear window in the coupe like compared ot the hatch Sten?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The coupe has the edge for me as i see it as more refined and not boy racer ish, sleeker etc. Fame less doors are great too. Although i have a soft spot for an arden blue GSI.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalWithCheez View Post
    I must admit the spoiler does put me off, rear visibility isnt great in the hatch as it is IMO. The coupe does look mint with a GSi bumper, but i doubt i'll be going crazy on mods yet, being a young nipper 'n all.

Coupes are pretty common here and wouldnt get a second glance. Only ever seen two arden GSi's within a 20 mile radius though.

Whats the visibility out the rear window in the coupe like compared ot the hatch Sten?
    Visibilitity is ok, I found it quite hard to judge reverse parking though due to the boot on it but no major issues. Mine was also an early Turbo so didn't have the small spoiler that the later ones had.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gsi standerd stuff
    half leather recaro seats
    solar reflective windscreen
    sports strearing wheel
    20mm down on the springs
    gsi body kit
    e.s.p - t/c
    trip computor

gsi extras

rain pack
    parcking sencers
    climate control
    sat nav
    full leather recaro heated seats
    H.I.D head lights with washer jets
    anti dazzle rear view mirror

i think thats most of it

not sure on the coupe im sure it will have most of the things on the list
    click here for quality used vauxhall parts

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had to make the same choice a couple of years ago, I went for the Coupe because it's a nicer more refined shape.

I think Vauxhall tweeked the suspension setup on the GSi so it handles slightly better.
    Europa Blue Astra Coupe Turbo now - VX220 Turbo someday soon

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's all down to personal preference really, The GSi's are nice, but the shape of the coupe is a lot sleeker and less 'boy racer' especially in the right colour. I had a 'nocturno blue' (or suicide blue as my neighbour called it!) 2.2 and only sold it to get a SRi Turbo. If I had to choose again, it would be a coupe every time (I'm a sucker for frameless doors!)

If you get a coupe, try to get one with leather - don't get me wrong, the standard seats are spot on, just leather feels that bit more special.

I know it'll be a long shot, but had you thought about holding out for a Linea Rossa. No extras over a standard cou pe apart from the red dial needles and Black/Red leather seats, but they look spot on!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast