Thread: Future mods coming soon, worried about future mot's thou :/

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Future mods coming soon, worried about future mot's thou :/

Pritty much as title says i'm going to de-handle my doors i've already de-locked the boot and im wanting to remove the side repeaters am i going to get screwed on my next MOT for it if i do?? for some thing daft like no way of being able to enter the vehicle if their is an accident and removing the turning signals one other thing i know window tints are illegal on the front now well maybe a limit of 5% or some thing but are tints coming into the MOT test now i heard a rumor it could be possible ?

Cheers in advance.

Status
    Princess Oompa loompa!
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    De-handling shouldn't be a prob, TVR's have a push button entry. as for the side repeaters, yes you will be screwed, you gotta have them. Put the m in the mirrors like newer cars have.

As for the tints, your fronts are already tinted to the limit > have to allow 70% of the ambient light through IIRC so any more tint would make it illegal. they will just tell you to rip them off, and if they don't the police will, so it's up to you.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive already had front done had them done since july 80% so very dark TOUCH WOOD NOT BEEN PULLED!!! but still was wondering if they had come in on the MOT test, shame about the repeaters dnt really want to be hacking away at the irmy mirrors to add them there any more suggestions :P

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the mot rule book says that if you stand next to your rear wheel,then move away from the car 1m,with your indicators on,if you can see the front indicator flashing then you dont need your side repeaters,had all this over mine ,give it a go