Thread: samsung lcd

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

samsung lcd

I've just orded a samsung le40n73bd but not after a bit of research have found reviews saying that the picture is poor, has anyone got this tv or know anything about it?????????

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i went in to currys today looking at them getting one in 2 weeks but a new version is out instead the r88bd loads better picture they reckon im looking at the 32" ones though ive always heard they are excellent look the nuts anyway

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah it does look nice , i heard a few bad reviews on them so just wanted someone who knew about them a bit more to give me advice, if your getting one of these lcd's try this website i used to work there and there really cheap. www.electrical-shopping.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You'll find good and bad reviews for every screen on the internet. Go and have a look at one yourself, make sure it has got a good source feeding it, not the crap they connect them all up with in Currys. Infact if your local Currys is anything like mine, don't even bother going in there.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by sjj84 View Post
    You'll find good and bad reviews for every screen on the internet. Go and have a look at one yourself, make sure it has got a good source feeding it, not the crap they connect them all up with in Currys. Infact if your local Currys is anything like mine, don't even bother going in there.

too true...

a couple of years ago I bought a 32" flatscreen (not LCD though, wish I'd waited ) then the following week when I went into my local Currys to get a gold plated Scart lead I saw the same one... I have no idea hiow they had it setup but the picture on it was absolutely shocking compared to how I had mine running, and to top it off the salesman came up and tried to sell me one saying how good the picture quality was.. i promptly told him i agreed but not for his example installation, and I don;t think he was too happy

my advice is to see if you can find one somewhere where you can check make sure they are using decent leads and a decent aerial/dish feed. only way you will be able to judge i'm afraid, although I do always use What TV/HiFi for reviews to see other peoples opinons after i've formed my own.. I've always found them to be spot on for that purpose
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Currys/comet/dixons and the like all use a distribution feed for the aerial. It's never going to be a good signal. You will notice they have a few screens connected to a hd source, blue ray player for example, you can bet your life that these are the screens they have the highest profit on.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i have tried to go to the stores to see what the pic is like but like you all said there aerials are crap so i can never get a good idea of what its like, went on what tv and they said dont buy it ha ha too late

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Don't know anything about the model your buying, but i have a 26" Samsung LCD and the picture quality is brilliant, couldn't tell much difference between mine and my mates 26" bravia.