Thread: Anti-carjacking device - Mobilizer Ltd - opinions please

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anti-carjacking device - Mobilizer Ltd - opinions please

Just seen this and wondered if anyone has had experience with this company, tried their products, etc

http://mobilizerltd.com/

Also

Can an after-market anti-carjacking system like Clifford's BlackJax be incorporated into the existing manufacturer's system without compromising that system's Thatchem Cat 1 status (I'm concerned about insurance cover if the car's manufacturer's Cat 1 status is lost)?

Can there be problems coming up against the car's CAN bus technology (I talk from experience having wired in an after-market head unit and stalk interface recently!)?

Finally, can you install a system and build up any remote control to the existing Vauxhall key fob?

I own a VXR 07MY

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Did your VXR come with an alarm already fitted? (supprised if it didn't)

http://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/...p?item_id=2165
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by napster View Post
    Just seen this and wondered if anyone has had experience with this company, tried their products, etc

http://mobilizerltd.com/

Also

Can an after-market anti-carjacking system like Clifford's BlackJax be incorporated into the existing manufacturer's system without compromising that system's Thatchem Cat 1 status (I'm concerned about insurance cover if the car's manufacturer's Cat 1 status is lost)?

Can there be problems coming up against the car's CAN bus technology (I talk from experience having wired in an after-market head unit and stalk interface recently!)?

Finally, can you install a system and build up any remote control to the existing Vauxhall key fob?

I own a VXR 07MY
    YES

The only alarms we fit to the MK5's has been the cobra canbus alarm that links onto the factory remote and gives it cat 1 status but even that is now giving problems with the latest 2007 cars. Installing that woldn't give you anymore than you hav already. I'm not saying a normal alarm can't be added to it but it would be a right headache

The factory cat 1 alarm isn't removeable anyway but the only way to disarm is I believe is with the factory remote and with the likes of the of Clifford they have seperate remotes

IMO if it was my car and I wanted the extra security i'd go for a tracker
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Autosparks - it's that CAN bus again isn't it?!!!! Many thanks for your informative answer. I'm inclined to agree with your opinion buddy. I'm looking into Tracker and also the Trackstar. Cheers.