Thread: Superchip?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Superchip?

i have a 03 astra gsi and i want to chip it, its standard in every other weay so is it worth gettin it chipped? i have been lookin at superchips, are these any good an what kind of power gains am i lookin at? will i notice it? and also is remapping the same as chipping? any help plzzzzz

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you do a search on here for remaps you will find a lot of information on that. Regal, Courtenay, Vmax and Thorney Motorsport are the main ones. Given your location Regal are the closest to you so worth having a look at their site www.regal-shop.co.uk you will find a lot of info on their packages. A standard remap should take your pwer from the factory 200-ish to a realistic 230-240bhp depending on the tuner. Its also worth joining astra owners club as you will probably get a discount on a remap.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chipping was what you had to do on older cars to replace the chip in the ECU on all modern cars its remapping. where a laptop is plugged into the diagnostic port and the ecu map reprogramed. Superchips will do a remap on your car just like everyother tuner. You can get a Thorney motor sport remap through any superchip dealer if you don't want to travel. you just need to phone thorney up so he can get the superchips dealer nearest to you the best map for your car.

But its best off going to one of the big tuners Regal, Courtney, Thorney motor sport or vauxhall performace centre as they would be able to customise the map a big more if needed
    SMIC, miltek catback, precat, Thorney remap 242.7 bhp 281lb/ft torque