Thread: Car is dying HELP!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car is dying HELP!!!

keeps cutting out when it gets over half way on the temp gauge. TC light comes on and then it wont start again for about 1 min. If the TC light is on when driving a long(as in faulty) and i floor it the car starts juddering as if the TC is working but there is any need. And while its juddering the engine managment light starts flashing. Then sometimes it cuts out and wont start again. Had on diagnostic at local garage and its showing No problems ANYONE??

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    engine and year?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    X18XE1 S reg

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try removing the hub sensor wires from the N/S hub, this is the sensor which controls both the ABS and TC on your car. If the wires aren't making a good contact or if the hub is knackered it's been known for it to affect the engine quite badly.

I had it on mine when I washed the car in freezing weather, I think water got in the connector and froze expanding the joint. The car was very hard to start and it ran like a bucket of nails until it thawed out and the contact was ok again.

Remove the connector, clean it up a little and spray with WD40. Can't hurt and may just be a cheap cure.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have had a look at both the hub connecters and sprayed them with AD-90 basically the same as WD-40. This doesnt seem to have made any difference atm. Was wondering about egr valve, the car went in to vauxhall about this problem and all they said is that theymodified the manifold Inlet or exhaust manifold??? i dunno. But about 2-3 weeks ago i fitted a lexmaul 4 branch would this have effected it??? And on monday 9th i had a new headgasket fitted. Would this have affected anything could it be a spark plug problem??
    But i dont see y any of this would have affected the TC light cos it jogs then TC comes on. I know about the hub switch but that usually sends both ABS and TC on at the same time and doesnt affect the ride.
    I aint got a clue and its really making me want ride. But its proberly only a small problem. Will i need new hubs to fix the ABS and TC problem??????

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update after cat 2 diagnostic, Immobilser problem.
    Key is broke and therefore is sending the ecu into safe mode or something and cuts out with in 1.30mins and wont restart until it resets so hopefully this will cure the problem. NEW KEY NEEDED