Thread: What mods can I get for my interior...?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What mods can I get for my interior...?

Morning all.

I'm thinking of sprucing up the inside of my Coupe. It's not bad as standard with full black leather, white dials with chrome rings and Bertone sill plates. I've added some ally door lock pins and custom mats with vauxhall heel plates.

What else can I do to the inside? Don't want to go mad and want to keep it smart and factory look. Chrome heater rings are out as I have climate control.

What decent handbrake handles and gearknobs are available? Was also thinking of a chrome gear surround..?

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    erm....what about painting the centre console.

Choose the right colour, it could enhance the interior tenfold.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=100009
    Something that Ken is selling for an Astra with CC.

What about an Armrest? Super useful as you can store items inside and you can also be lazy and have you left arm resting on whilst driving. That'll look OE.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not too keen on the idea of stripping the centre console and re-painting. Don't really want to bugger about with the car too much. Are there any gear surrounds without the fake bolts in available anywhere? The Richbrook ones have what look like immitation allen head bolts in them... Looks nasty.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would go for the carbon effect centre console... it would be a dodle to change ... 1 hour max. if you get that, someone is selling carbon effect dial surronds which would look really good.

follow that up with some nice leather gear and handbrake gators from glen yale. get yourself an arm rest... personally I think thses should have been factory fit.

other things you can do is change the colour of the interior dash lights - PM kirsty on here for LED and further info.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Keep your eyes peeled on ebay for a standard center console and have a stab at the different effects films you can buy. My mate did his in the blue annd looked great.
    X20XEV Gsi Now sold but now have a Corsa GSi C20XE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d_ghedia View Post
    i would go for the carbon effect centre console... it would be a dodle to change ... 1 hour max. if you get that, someone is selling carbon effect dial surronds which would look really good.

follow that up with some nice leather gear and handbrake gators from glen yale. get yourself an arm rest... personally I think thses should have been factory fit.

other things you can do is change the colour of the interior dash lights - PM kirsty on here for LED and further info.
    The MKIV 1 hr to swap the console?
    30 mins is more the enough time (if you know what your doing)
    IMHO, Doing the center console changes the whole feel of the car to something mor personall.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your interested in the carbon console I'd recommend you act soon as I'll be hacking it to pieces in a week or so.

Irmscher light carbon console are rarer than hens teeth and I'm not joking, I've never seen a second hand one for sale in the 4 years I've owned my Astra, climate control versions are even rarer, however the look is great, match it with a light carbon gear knob and light carbon handbrake lever, maybe a light carbon steering wheel ( and I've fitted all 3 of those in my car) and you'll have a look very few other Astra owners have.

Maybe have alook at the carbon speedo plate for sale in the group buy section as well, I've just bought one and it's a little darker than the Irmscher weave but acceptable.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.