Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coupe does Donny, ups and downs!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coupe does Donny, ups and downs!

Spent the weekend up at Donington for the Donny show this weekend, was the first round of the IASCA sound-off competition and the coupe was on the LM Audio / Source Sounds stand in the ICE village.

A few ups and downs to say the least and the coupe definately came back in worse condition than it left

Problems:

Battery decided to go flat just as the sound judge arrived to judge my car even tho it was connected to a battery charger. The judge agreed to come back in 30mins which gave enough time to get some charge in the battery again. Not ideal.

Next the headunit starts to play up and won't eject CDs without ramming a finger in to the slot (no jokes) and trying to tempt it out.

Sound judge comes back to do the judging, all seems to be going well until 2mins before the end the battery cuts out....again. I'm them given 5mins to jump start the engine and leave it running to get some more charge in to finish the next 2mins of judging. Great.

Luckily the battery lasts the final couple mins of judging and all is well for a bit.

A few of us then noticed a horrific smell of petrol coming from my car and notice petrol dribbling down the side of the car from the filler cap!

Turns out the rubber seal on the cap had become twisted so it wasn't sealing properly, vapours (a lot of them lol) had built up behind the flap and started to condense, hence the dribbles of petrol. This has left me with a lot of stripped / bubbled paintwork behind the filler flap. Ideal, again.

On the bright side I came first in the IASCA sound off, which was a massive surprise and really made my day. Good start to the season what with the first place at the first EMMA sound off last week as well.

Sunday came and I didn't think it could get much worse. Spending the day in the ICE village with a hangover is far from good fun (anyone that was there will know how noisy it was).

And then to top the weekend off I blew up my fairly expensive JL speakers whilst demo'ing the car....cool!

Didn't get a chance to get out and about much to take pics but the car of the show for me was the MAC Audio 350z.....absolutely stunning.

LM Audio - Knebworth Herts - 01438 812444

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice 350z!!
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah, was good to put a face to the name chap on saturday.
    MSN: cfindon@hotmail.com feel free to add me!!

2002 Astra Coupe 2.2 Bertone
    in Breeze Blue
    ON THE LOOKOUT FOR SOME 18's!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Once again, well done babe

You could have got some better pics of the 350z though showing the install and them doors

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great result Jimmy - looks and sounds like one of those "modders typical weekends" mate.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    sounds like a good weekend jimmy, congrats on your victory!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats on the winning fella, sorry to hear about all those faults!! but im sure you'll recover just fine!! p.s if you find out the solution to the headunit problem can you post it up, mines started to do this recently

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    congrats dude well done! although there was a couple of hiccups you got something good from it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moley_2003 View Post
    Congrats on the winning fella, sorry to hear about all those faults!! but im sure you'll recover just fine!! p.s if you find out the solution to the headunit problem can you post it up, mines started to do this recently
    It'll be going back to Alpine this week to be serviced. I'm guessing the ejector motor has just become worn out.
    LM Audio - Knebworth Herts - 01438 812444

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not great luck withn the car but a great result in the soundoff's. Well done and well deserved. Now I was hoping to be at Donny competing but my car is just a few pieces short, namely a whole interior as i have currently stripped it out to put the install in.

Say did you see the VW golf mk2 from Car electronics there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast