Thread: F**king speed humps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry F**king speed humps

Been having some issues with car lately and today went outside to see whats up.

3 out of the 4 dampers are shagged, o/s/r is dripping like mad. Exhaust is cracked on the centre box and blowing and it shows were its been scrapping on the speed humps.

I'm making a formal complaint to the council, I have now got to go measure thisthe speed humps to see if they are over the legal limit.

I'm also going to complain to the place where my suspension came from, since fitting this in August 2005 I have already had to replace 1 driveshaft , 1 damper, topmounts (which need doing again), and twice change the wishbones and one wheel bearing. So between the both of them my car is f**ked.

Hopefully will also be getting some estimates on tuesday from some a few garages including Vauxhall, I think it may end up being cheaper in compensation to replace the car.

Rant over
    Evil LED's

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You'll be lucky to get anything from the councill I had this problem with my Corsa

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IMHO Erm im gunna have to say you were prolly going to fast over them more the 18 MPH and you will rip the car to shreds but, then again ive scraped mine on a couple of bumps and mines standered and i was doing 15 MPH.
    If you do 10 MPH you should clear no problems.

I had a metro and i did rip of my back box but then again i did 20 MPh over the bump and gouged the hump @7:45 in the morning.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJB2K3 View Post
    IMHO Erm im gunna have to say you were prolly going to fast over them
    Bit of a sweeping statement that aint it?

Theres some killer speed bumps in my area and I trickle over at about 5mph if that and it still scrapes.

Without having experiences of the actual speedbumps Kirsty is referring to (which I gather u dont) then one cant say one way or the other and automatically assume its down to driver error and excessive speed.

Good luck Kirsty - get them measured and go kick some ass.

On a side note - I think anyone who respects their car and the suspension/related components *which I know Kirsty is one* wouldnt be tear arsing over speedbumps particularly when they've had recent problems with said components...

Rant over

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have the speed humps that are in the middle of the road when you drive over them your wheels pretty much go either side of the ramp whick then leaves the 6" height of the ramp to go under the car.

My car 'just' makes it over them
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    he have some near my mum an dads that I cant get over in the zaffy or Astra std hight with out a rub