Thread: 1st Big Clean of the year

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1st Big Clean of the year

I had my car fully valeted and buffed by one of the members on z22se 2 weekends ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjdickso
    Well this was my second big detail of 2007. I have been promising to do Matts car for some time. Just a general defect removal polish and wax.

Matt popped round to me just before 10am. We had a chat then got started on the car.

This how the car looked on arrival.

I pre treated the archers with poorboys apc, and also gave the wheels a pre wash. I then soaked the car in super snow foam and let this dwell for 5 / 10 minutes, Washed with two bucket method and new Schmitt was mitt. I then dried the car with a waffle Weave towel and inspected the paint. Which was in good condition, Matt had used the megs three stage system on the car a few times you could tell. I then taped up the car with blue 3m tape and got the PC out. Vauxhall paint is great to work with not too soft not to hard. So I choose megs 6.5” cut pad and poorboys SSR2.5 polish, which left a slightly hazy finish but 85% of defects removed.

After this I then did a coat of megs #80 with a polishing pad. Which brought out the gloss finish which looked great but the weather was against us slightly and the sun never showed it’s face and it started to rain a bit.

This is after megs #80 polish.

I then removed the tape and tackled the scratch on the rear bumper, I wet sanded with megs uni grit paper 2500 grade then polished with 4” cut pad and then 4” white polishing pad.

I was happy with the outcome.

The whole car then got a coat of nattys blue wax. Archers treated with AG rubber care. And tyres & other plastics treated with megs endurance gel. I then waxed the wheels with turtle wax nano wheel wax. And her are the afters.

No pics of the inside but a quick hoover and some natural dressing was used. Matt was happy with the finish and the paint felt like glass the pictures didn’t do it justice. Time taken 5 1/2 hrs.
    And some more pictures I took:

I'm very happy with the results

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks really nice you should be well proud

i really need to get someone to do my car

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow shes gleaming mate! good shine off it!