Thread: Insurance

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Insurance

People of AOC, I need some assistance with car insurance stuff please.

My sister had recently passed her driving test and the rents have bought her a S plate Auto SEAT Arosa. I did not go with them to look at the car as I was working at the time. I looked at the pics in the advert and noticed the alloys and they were five spokes. I thought this was strange, as they did not look standard to me and due to the crappy angles and quality of the pics I was unable to see the badge on the hub. So, I asked me dad to query this with the dealer and they confirmed that they were SEAT standard alloys. Anyways, they took delivery of the car yesterday so I had another good look at the wheels and I know they are not standard, as they have the logo 'smiths' on the centre hub. All standard SEAT alloys have the same S badge on them I believe? Besides, the model my sister has (if it is the model the dealer said it was) should only come with wheel trims anyway according to the net.

My query is that due to the dealer telling me old man that the wheels are standard, me old man believed him and had not declared this with the insurance company. I am worried that should anything happen, the insurance company can use this against us. I asked a mate at work about this to see what his thought was and he said I was talking bollocks and should not worry about the wheels being on there and dont bother telling the insurance company.

Is he right or me??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He is the one talking bollocks Al

The insurance company must be advised of any changes from the standard factory specification. They may not charge for the alloys, but they need to know.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For clarification, I would definately inform the insurance company anyway.
    Leave nothing to chance.

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    He is the one talking bollocks Al

The insurance company must be advised of any changes from the standard factory specification. They may not charge for the alloys, but they need to know.
    Thats what I thought. Its only a 1.4 MPi and iirc only the sport comes with alloys. Cheers Sten. Now I just need to try and convince me old man that he needs to contact the insurance company. Hes a stubborn git

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coo View Post
    For clarification, I would definately inform the insurance company anyway.
    Leave nothing to chance.
    Cheers Coo, I will speak to the old man after work

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    smiths alloys are definately NOT standard seat items therefore u need to contact the insurers. if they say it'l put the premium up it mite be worth fitting a set of locking wheel nuts that'l reduce it a little, if not altogether (as it did during my 1st years insurance)
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    most insurers dont mind with alloys, aslong as the wheel size/tyre size remains unchanged.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello mate i work for a car insurance company and if i was you, you need to advise them asap as this can invoke the insuance as undisclosed mods and locking wheel nuts dont make a differents! hope this helps!

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G-UNIT View Post
    hello mate i work for a car insurance company and if i was you, you need to advise them asap as this can invoke the insuance as undisclosed mods and locking wheel nuts dont make a differents! hope this helps!
    Cheers all. I will speak to my old man tonight

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    People of AOC, I need some assistance with car insurance stuff please.

My sister had recently passed her driving test and the rents have bought her a S plate Auto SEAT Arosa. I did not go with them to look at the car as I was working at the time. I looked at the pics in the advert and noticed the alloys and they were five spokes. I thought this was strange, as they did not look standard to me and due to the crappy angles and quality of the pics I was unable to see the badge on the hub. So, I asked me dad to query this with the dealer and they confirmed that they were SEAT standard alloys. Anyways, they took delivery of the car yesterday so I had another good look at the wheels and I know they are not standard, as they have the logo 'smiths' on the centre hub. All standard SEAT alloys have the same S badge on them I believe? Besides, the model my sister has (if it is the model the dealer said it was) should only come with wheel trims anyway according to the net.

My query is that due to the dealer telling me old man that the wheels are standard, me old man believed him and had not declared this with the insurance company. I am worried that should anything happen, the insurance company can use this against us. I asked a mate at work about this to see what his thought was and he said I was talking bollocks and should not worry about the wheels being on there and dont bother telling the insurance company.

Is he right or me??
    You are right. If the alloys are not the standard ones, or in fact it comes as standard without alloys, then in fact this car is modified and you need to report this to your insurance.

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast