Thread: Couple of Astra MK4 Interior Q's

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Couple of Astra MK4 Interior Q's

Hey just joined up, and was wondering about the interior for an astra, just bought a centre console from lmf, the half chrome one - to replaced my existing DIY attempt at spraying it silver. I will probably sand down and respray the cigarette holder, the bit underneath and to under the handbrake - back to black. WOuld it look ok?

I am thinking of getting a chrome gearstick surround from lmf, anyone recommend them? So there will be a mixture of chrome/black down the middle of the interior. I am also hoping to get white dials for the heater and speedo (finding the speedo dials hard to come by - 7revs/120 are not easy to find). Also I ordered chrome heater rings and alu speedo rings.

How do you guys this that would all look?

However the main reason I'm posting is that I'm looking for help in finding the speedo dash surround. LMF it appears don't do it from their catalogue and nothing on ebay. Anywhere I can find one? My one is completely botched from the silver spraying I attempted.

Anyway just thought I'd post, any help, suggestions etc etc more than welcome! Thanks!

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello and welcome....I've moved your post to the 'interior' section

If you cant see what you need on the LMF website, give them a call, most helpful chaps.

I reckon id you use black and chrome (if I've read you right) then you cant go wrong - it'll tie in with the door handles/cards.
    Little tip about fitting dial surrounds.....if you want to sell them when you're getting rid of the car, just use blue tack to fit them...they stay in place

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coo View Post
    hello and welcome....I've moved your post to the 'interior' section

If you cant see what you need on the LMF website, give them a call, most helpful chaps.

I reckon id you use black and chrome (if I've read you right) then you cant go wrong - it'll tie in with the door handles/cards.
    Little tip about fitting dial surrounds.....if you want to sell them when you're getting rid of the car, just use blue tack to fit them...they stay in place
    Cheers, didnt realise there was a interior section!

By the way, how easy is it to replace the door pins?

Cheers for the tip.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By the way, is it possible to replace the rubber pedal pads on the astra, I don't want to do any drilling to put new pedals on but would like them to look "new"

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes vauxhall do sum that just push over, have a look on ebal for vaxhall pedals
    The car in front is my astra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The car in front is my astra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If u just want new pedal rubbers then u can get replacements from Vauxhall

As for the white dials in your clocks - it'd be far easier just getting a set of replacement clocks with white dials - ebay is the place to get these and prices range from £20 upwards.

No need to stick with 7k/120 ones either - u can fit 140 or 160 ones too - just make sure u get 7k/140 or 7k/160 ones.

heres a very good set of 7/160 ones as fitted to turbo models - these will fit yours no problem http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/astra-mk4-whit...QQcmdZViewItem

Some 7/140 ones: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...QQcmdZViewItem

If u are buying them off ebay make sure they are the genuine ones like these 2 - theres a certain seller who sells remanufactured units with rather tacky looking DIY fascias!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly what i'm looking for, cheers!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    If u just want new pedal rubbers then u can get replacements from Vauxhall

As for the white dials in your clocks - it'd be far easier just getting a set of replacement clocks with white dials - ebay is the place to get these and prices range from £20 upwards.

No need to stick with 7k/120 ones either - u can fit 140 or 160 ones too - just make sure u get 7k/140 or 7k/160 ones.

heres a very good set of 7/160 ones as fitted to turbo models - these will fit yours no problem http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/astra-mk4-whit...QQcmdZViewItem

Some 7/140 ones: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...QQcmdZViewItem

If u are buying them off ebay make sure they are the genuine ones like these 2 - theres a certain seller who sells remanufactured units with rather tacky looking DIY fascias!
    I'll be honest I'm pretty clueless overall about cars, but I know what I like..

How can I replace 7revs/120MPH clock with 7/140? Will the needle then not be messed up giving out the wrong reading?

And if I get the entire clock - will the milege not be messed up?

Probably stupid questions, but as I said I'm pretty hopeless! Cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Know anywhere else selling them, as I have a feeling I'm just going to be sucked into a really expensive auction on ebay.