Thread: Best way to reduce dust...?

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Best way to reduce dust...?

In process of spraying a few interior bits and pieces but I'm getting dust particles settling and sticking to the primer/paint...

I had this issue before when spraying a sub box in the garage...this time everything's in the bedroom where its a little better

I've heard that if you let some water evaporate into the room it helps? any suggestions on how to reduce the dust?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    i assume u r using the spray in a well ventilated room? and putting the parts inside a large cardboard box to spray them?

i cut a hole in the side of the box i was using, and pushed the vaccuum hose into it.. turn on hoover, then spray away.. stops a lot of the dust in the air settling onto your nice wet sticky paint...

if this suggestion doesn't work.. clean ur room more often so there's less dust!!
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im spraying right next to 2 big windows which are both open

inside a box? never thought of that, good idea! will have to go raid tesco for some free boxes

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_shabzzz View Post
    inside a box? never thought of that, good idea! will have to go raid tesco for some free boxes

**peteg2004 now has an image in his head of dr_shabzzz's room bein covered in outlines from spray painting... it looks like a chuckle brothers sketch...**

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hehe

to me to you was prepared with an old rug, an old sheet, and lots of news paper on top...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    that paint will soak thru that paper and the sheet onto your nice cream carpet in no time!

best idea is definately to always use a box if possible.. i even use one if i'm spraying in the shed/garage or if i'm outside... keeps the atmosphere as constant as u r gonna b able to get it (especially outside) without using a proper spray shop or extractor fans...

what are they in the 1st pic? they look like headlight surrounds...

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you look on the bottom picture on the right you will see the headlight lense...split them open to paint the inserts black plus something else which i will post pics of when done

believe it or not i was about to start spraying with just newspaper down lol...that woulda been fun...theres a nice thick old rug underneath all that newspaper

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    ah i c wat ur doing now, r u just colur coding to the same as ur car?

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well my car is sapphire black but the headlight inserts are satin black (just like came on post 2002 astras)...thing is i already have a set of smoked ones on my car...these are a spare set im just opening up for fun and to do some custom eyebrows (inside the lense)

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You're not very good with spraying - you've wasted about 2 cans worth on the newspaper

I painted midnight black on my side skirts with only 1 layer of newspaper on top of a cream lounge carpet - didn't get through at all!!!

To stop dust - close the windows - you'll probably find most of the dust is being blown in!!!
    0-60 in 6.5 secs and 48mpg- winner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast