Thread: amp wiring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

amp wiring

ok, i posted a thread asking about how to wire two amps together. i got no responses because the mk3 area is pants.

hopefully i will get a response before someone moves this thread to the right forum. (sorry moderators, i would have posted this in the mk3 ICE section but i have had no responses for about a week)

anyways...ive got two amps. one with an RCA input, and the other with an RCA input and output. the first amp is a 700w alpine which is powering two 12" subs the second amp (mutant) will be powering one 12" sub. the 700w amp is the one with only the RCA input.

ive tried wiring the mutant amp from the headunit with all the normal power and ground cables wired correctly. i then tried to wire the second amp by giving it a seperate power cable to the battery, a cable going to the same ground point as the first amp then a cable going from the remote from the mutant amp to the remote of the 700w alpine amp. the RCA cable goes from the output of the mutant amp to the input of the alpine amp.

this didnt seem to work. is there a better/proper way of doing it. im not sure wether my headunit has two outputs for the RCA cable. its a very new pioneer headunit.

sorry this is soo long and dull but its bothering me, google comes up with solutions which are far too complcated.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

cheers
    "I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Do both amps work when they are wired on their own?

What model numbers your pioneer headunit?

Someone move this to MK3 ICE please
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    my pioneer headunit is a DEH-P4900IB model. fairly new.

both amps work perfectly on their own. currently the alpine 700w amp is powering two jbl 12" subs each 1200w fine.

cheers for the reply
    "I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Having a quick look at the spec of the headunit it has 2 preouts so go get another RCA lead so each amp has it's own input
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    i do have a second RCA cable. the first one goes to the mutant amp and the second one connects the mutant amp to the alpine amp.