Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another offset question!!

Hey guys

Possibly not the usual offset question. Are there any other Marques offsets which are similar to an Astra G? Namely the Honda Civic EK? I know Honda's aren't most people's area of knowledge but someone else may know where to look as i haven't a clue.

Possibly is the wrong forum but i will repost in the technical and Car Chat later on.

Cheers guys
    MarkSXI
    '54 Plate MK5 Design 5dr 1.7 CDTi
    Hmmmm economy....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well the EK uses a stud pattern of 4 x 100mm so presuming ur Astra is 4 stud then the PCD is correct.

The Centre Bore of OE EK Rims is 56.1mm - 4 stud Astra is 56.6mm so the centre bore will need ever so slightly rebored - we're only talkin half a mil here so they might squeeze on as is.

Offset varies between 35 & 45 - so its possible that EK rims will fit ur astra - all depends what width & diamater we're talking and whether ur Astra is lowered.

Am I correct in thinking u have 4 studs? If so then the 4x100mm PCD is a very popular fitment

The best thing I suggest is try and find an online source for differing manufacturers offsets. I personally use the one on www.rochfordtyres.com but there's better ones out there I just cant recall em at this time.

HTH

Keep us posted on how u get on.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate.

Crikey you're blooming fast with your responses and always spot on!

Yeah i've been offered a set of brand new 18s originally bought for an EK civic.

Yeah i have a 4 stud SXi which i was pretty sure was 4x100 anyway. As you said it was the bore and the offset i wasn't sure about. THe car is on standard suspension at the moment however i am looking at ordering some FK coilovers at around the same time or before getting the alloys

Cheers again
    MarkSXI
    '54 Plate MK5 Design 5dr 1.7 CDTi
    Hmmmm economy....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have 3 spare alloys that I snapped up as they were the same design as whats on my astra, they were off a wrote off ek civic and they fit with no problems
    Irmscher MK3 Astra Irmscher Mk4 SXi 1.8 16V Vectra C CDTi Astra H 1.7 CDTi XP Moonland SRi CDTi Sporthatch Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the alloys youve been offered are aftermarket then the centre bore issue wont be a problem at all - aftermarket rims use a substantially larger bore anyway - approx 72mm or so - so you'll need to get some correct spigot rims to reduce it down to 56.6mm.... or rebore the inner diamater of the spigots if supplied (for 56.1mm civic fitment)

I cant comment for sure on what the EKs offset is - but if youve been offered a set then just check the markings on the inside of the rim - it should be stamped somewhere - maybe with the letters ET beside it.