Thread: Vectra C Inlet and a 1.6 8v

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vectra C Inlet and a 1.6 8v

The veccy C inlet mod has just arrived on my door step and immediately I printed of the "how to" and went to fit it. However, my standard pipe is totally different from all the others. I appear to have an extra sensor, in the shape of a large round pebble with a wire coming out of it going round the back of the engine bay. It also has a 2nd pipe which is going directly into the engine? :S

Anyone fitted the veccy c pipe to their 1.6 8v? (74bhp model) I'm lost as to what to do with these added bits.

any help appreciated, thanks.

Dan

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yup just rip it all out, useless crap, i made 83.3bhp on my 1,6 8v with that and panel filter
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As already mentioed - remove it and bin it...it serves no purpose (or at least not if ur after better performance) it just sucks in hot air from the exhaust manifold in cold temperatures.... total pig swill and needs binning asap.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Soz, kinda thought may have posted in the wrong place but so many topics now, it's hard to find right one,lol. Thanks for moving for me.

Ok, back to topic. If i "remove it and bin it" what happens?, I mean the disc shaped thing looks like sum sort of sensor as it has a wire running from it to the back of the engine bay (the one that causes the common rattle in this model) If I snip it what happens? What is it's purpose?

Also,

If I remove the pipe that goes into the engine, will it not leave a hole? What did you guys do?

Thanks for the help.
    Dan

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

ok, Was nice day today so went at it. As I have enough room in my engine bay for a small elephant, removal of the standard pipe was a sinch.

I completly removed the "wire" I was on about, it appears to be a pressure tube that must open the air duct further for the other pipe i was on bout that goes into engine.

So anyway I removed everything and got the Veccy pipe in no problem and just kept old pipe thats coming from front of engine and attached it in the reverse direction to the intake.

Everything went well , now get much better and immediate response when put foot down, she's def breathing far better.

Can help but notice a little extra grunt also

Pleased!

On another note just got her back from the garage as was in for a serive. The silly buggers have obviously tried to jack the car up before clearing the skirt and have made a nice impact crack along with a crack all the way along the bit i had smoothed from front of skirt right to the back.

Sitting further under the car now also and a bracket appears to have disappeared >

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wu_swordsman View Post
    So anyway I removed everything and got the Veccy pipe in no problem and just kept old pipe thats coming from front of engine and attached it in the reverse direction to the intake.
    I take it u mean the warm air feed from the exhaust manifold? I hope u havent connected it up to the new intake? If so remove it asap as it will cancel out any benefits of the new intake.

This hose just aids cold starting - when starting from cold the temperature sensor on the original intake (that pebble shaped thing u said) opens and allows warm air from the exhaust manifold to be channeled thru this tube - into the air intake then into the engine. It helps it warm up quicker but does jack sh*t for performance... Cold air is what u want for the intake so this hose must be removed. Trust me it was the first thing i got rid of on mine.

Do u plan on fitting a uprated panel filter or maybe an induction kit? Induction kits and 8valves go together perfectly unlike the 16v engines.

As for the body damage Id get back onto the garage pronto and demand (nicely) that they fix it.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate, have you got a pic of where this cable, sensor, tube is??
    The car in front is my astra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astra_Dan View Post
    hi mate, have you got a pic of where this cable, sensor, tube is??
    u cant miss it if ur running the standard setup. its a flexible hose running from the heatshield on the exhaust manifold to the air intake under the slam panel...with a small wire (in fact a tiny hose) running to the back of the throttle body

Only the X16SZR has this setup - the later Z16SE doesnt have the feed from the manifold

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nah man, the pipe to the manifold is not connected. I disconnected it. I De-restricted and uprated the panel filter years ago but never got round to the veccy C mod.

I disagree with the induction kit tho. Def hampers performance. the de-restrict+panel filer method best for the 1.6 8v.

Induction kits Suck in too much hot air from the engine

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think he's talking about the vacuum pipe that runs from under the plenum to the the little hot/cold air changeover valve on the air intake.

When I had my X16SZR I removed that pipe totally, and blocked up the hole in the inlet manafold with a screw off a PC fan (fits in to the rubber end perfectly).
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast