Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First Date Ideas..?

Well..

Had been speaking to this girl for a while, and then I finally asked her if she'd come out with me sometime, she said yes W000t

but now ive sort of thought, oh yea, now i've actually got to go somewhere lol.

So im after some ideas for a first date, so far come up with a few:

Go for a meal - not a bad way really

Go for a drink(pub) - could be ok, as its informal (but would this be a *good* first date?)

Pool - sounds weird, but goto a pool hall and have a few games, could be a way to break the ice

Cinema - not very easy to get to know someone due to lack of conversation..

i'm trying to think of something fairly unique but not OTT, so suggestions are welcomed
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Toboganning if she's an out going kind of girl not one of these princesses that can't possibly get cold.

If she is a princess then a nice meal somewhere in the country side.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pool hall sounds like a good idea!! Alternatively, there's always things like bowling, funfair type place if there's one around, the zoo (much awww's, and aahhh, and oohhhs)

For a first date, a meal might be a bit too much pressure being as it's your first time and you are definately stuck together! And your idea about the cinema i'd agree with being a bad idea. I remember doing this once and it was awfull!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say stick with a casual drink for a first date mate. Like you say, cinema is no good cause you just sit there not talking. Meal may be a little too much for a first date, prob better for second or third.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the ideas people apreciate it, keep them coming

on a further note, seeing as its been a while (god im only 23..) would you ask her where she wanted to go,ie give her a selection or just pick the best and ask her if she fancies .... idea?
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think girls like the guy to make these kinds of decisions - so I would tell her what youve organised.

A casual drink is definetly the best way to go as you are not stuck together, just dont go somewhere that there is football on the telly or loud music.

I would play it cool also, dont get too worried about what she will think about where you choose - if shes really interested and worth getting to know - it wont matter.

I should know, I've made so many mistakes before lol!!!
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i agree with iain^ and if the drink hole you go to does decent food all the better

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cinema followed by a drink after.

informal and its not too heavy makes both of you feel relaxed, then on 2nd date something more getting to know each other

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Try this if you can... take her for a walk in the country, or better still along the beach... the fact it'll be a little cold means she'll have to cuddle up to you a bit as you walk together

when you've walked for a bit, maybe half an hour/an hour or so (dependant on weather ), tell her you have arranged a taxi to take you somewhere nearby for some food and a drink - see if you can find a local pub that has an open fire in it, and ask the manager if you can book the closest table...

This is a near fool-proof plan... taking her to the nice warm pub for food will show the considerate and caring side of you, after you have taken her for a romantic walk.. if you've been chatting for a while, then she will know you anyway, so something like this will give her the message you want to be more than friends...

Good Luck hope it all works out whatever you do!!
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    for a first date, a casual drink in a nice bar (bottle of wine in a cooler etc) is deffo the best way to go. Ive overdone first dates before, and it just felt weird... My best first date was simply a drink as described, in the vudu bar in york, on a thurs night i think it was. We ended up getting pretty tipsy pretty quick and it just flowed. Not sure what you are like at cunjuring up conversation, but i find it helps to at least think about some topics of common interest and plan ahead in that respect. Might sound weird but worked for me.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast