Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone left running standard power on a act??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Anyone left running standard power on a act??

Just wondering....
    as of course my goal is something like phase 2-3, however at the mo i'm paying the remnants off my Coupe t before spending dosh, the power seems a bit pants to be fair!!??

It's just i think the standard map is odd,

It runs fine with no lights on,and has a new afm so i'm sure nothings wrong,but there's a lot of torque to about 2 or 3 k,then goes distinctly medeocre to about 5 k where it gives one last push to 6.5...

basically what i'm asking is is this normal???? gimpy actuator maybee??

your words are more than appreciated.James
    Fully Spec'd Sleeper Coupe Turbo. OE bodywork, Courtenay FMIC, VXR Injectors, VXR afm, Milltek Exhaust, Stage 4 map, Cdti Airbox, Courtenay Top hat....

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The boost kicks in at 2k for me and thats when it starts pulling. Not really much power before 2k.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers dude,mm maybee thats your vxr turbo??or possibly my car is gay!!??
    Fully Spec'd Sleeper Coupe Turbo. OE bodywork, Courtenay FMIC, VXR Injectors, VXR afm, Milltek Exhaust, Stage 4 map, Cdti Airbox, Courtenay Top hat....

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Nope was the same before the VXR turbo, doesn't make much difference with the VXR turbo TBH as still running standard map.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh right,well thanks for filling me in,it seems maybee my car's not quite right then??

I had a mk2 cav with a hybrid cally turbo lump in before so there is a chance i'm being too hard on the old girl....

then again i haven't been in another act...

by the way i think your coupe's looking sweet,had a quick butchers on your Diary..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo James View Post
    Just wondering....
    as of course my goal is something like phase 2-3, however at the mo i'm paying the remnants off my Coupe t before spending dosh, the power seems a bit pants to be fair!!??

It's just i think the standard map is odd,

It runs fine with no lights on,and has a new afm so i'm sure nothings wrong,but there's a lot of torque to about 2 or 3 k,then goes distinctly medeocre to about 5 k where it gives one last push to 6.5...

basically what i'm asking is is this normal???? gimpy actuator maybee??

your words are more than appreciated.James
    Mine was the same, major flat spot.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have to agree with Buckle 247, since I started using V Power it's been really smooth and progressive all the way up from 2k.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 888 is pretty standard but I dont have those kinda issues. It's always been ran on V-Power (Or Ultimate if no V-Power available) so maybe its dodgy fuel your using?
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im still running standard on mine with a new afm. My car runs pretty much the same as yours. When i first got the car i thought f**k me its quick, its because you get used to the power and then after a while the power just seems normal. You then start thinking theres something wrong with it! Its a catch 22 really.
    One thing i have noticed is that u need to run decent fuel, bp super or tesco 99, im on tesco 95 at the minute and its real crap. Im sure theres nothing wrong with ur car!

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont think you'll get the thrills we crave in anything other than a 5-6 litre supercar.. In fact, even then, you'll prob get used to the power as rob says!
    I thought my 330 was rapid when i fist got it, a month later it seems like it must be one of the slowest 230bhp cars out there! Its very well built and power delivery is quite effortless so it 'feels' comfortable, the sensation of speed isnt really there anymore, and diminishes on any car if you drive it enough. you're just gonna have to keep going up the phases to keep yourself satisfied. Or buy a veyron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast