Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

survey

JUst wanted to do a survey
    in my little town up north, 6 of my mates have got mk3 gsi,s c20xe in the last 6 months 3 of them have been banned (were all perfectaly legal) and the 2 have written them off with just 1 remaining (the others are either revamping or rebuilding!) so should all be back on the road soon wiv either 2.5s or running throttle bodies now i know that the c20 xe makes one off the best engines vaux have ever done but....... do u think they possesess you and make you crazy!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i had a mk2 cavvy with a c20 LET,hybrid turbo,stainless sytem and a few bits and pices,6 speed box and it made me drive like a total numpty!! lol

was sooo much fun!!
    Fully Spec'd Sleeper Coupe Turbo. OE bodywork, Courtenay FMIC, VXR Injectors, VXR afm, Milltek Exhaust, Stage 4 map, Cdti Airbox, Courtenay Top hat....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    think its the noise they make n the fact that the xe is nearly bomb proof!!
    iv just finished my let mk3 gsi wiv f28, how long till i get carried away lol (thats if i ever get the bloody ignitiion problem sorted!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    C20XE was an excellent engine at the time, but i wouldnt say it makes people drive mad, i would just say they must be bad drivers to begin with tbh,

XE: - bombproof ....lol.... compared so some engines yes but they are far from bomb proof, for that a 20SEH would be a better bet, 123bhp from a 8v and they will be much harder to break,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not really bad drivers just easily influenced! but the 8v isnt even in the same bracket as the xe the xe is far more tuneable and alot more responsive the 8v is abit prehistoric compared to it and i had a 2.08v gte n it blew its botom end then i bought a redtopn it was in a whole new league