Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

opinion wanted on alloys

Looking for an opinion on alloys

I had 17" Team Dynamics 100+ on for 2 months and they had to be sent back as they were not drilled correctly and the centre of the alloys cracked. Team Dynamics owned up to the fact they were not drilled correctly so no hassle getting them returned.

I changed my mind and wanted the Pro Race 1.2's and swapped over and paid the difference in price to get a set of these instead. They were delivered and again were not drilled correctly. They were not drilling the bolt holes deep enough and if you put a bolt through it was catching the inside and putting excess pressure on the structure on the centre of the alloy. So the same thing would happen. I never seen this set of wheels as the place I was ordering them through checked the alloys over to ensure the same problem would not happen as before.

These were sent back and Team Dynamics now decided they were going to make a brand new set of alloys from scratch and make them straight away in vauxhall fitment. Great idea I thought but couldn't be far from the truth. 5 weeks later these were ready and were still drilled incorrectly!!! So I have had no wheels on my car since 9th January.

I have gave up with Team Dynamics and am now looking at other solutions. I want something anthracite or darker and not too "fussy". Wanting something sort of 10 'spokeish'. I have the following ideas and need some opinions:

All the above are 18" and with tyres can get for about £750ish. I have contacted 888 and have the price of the original OZ alloys but it would mean i would forego the plan to get my exhaust replaced in April.

Do I go for one of the above alloys and get the crappy Powerflow effort of the car or go for the original wheels and wait 2-3 months to replace the exhaust? I quite like the look of the first set to be honest but am unsure on where to go with wheels for the car.

Any opinions positive or negative are appreciated.

Status
    It only takes a minute
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    id got for the first set mate... what u got on at the car atm?!
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    1st or 3rd set for me, don't think the black with chrome lip will suit it TBH.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForZiE View Post
    id got for the first set mate... what u got on at the car atm?!
    absolutely nowt on the car at the moment - it's on axle stands

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i like the first ones. ill take the exhaust off your hands if u will be selling it lol
    astra sri 2.0 turbo xp sports hatch

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    i like the first ones. ill take the exhaust off your hands if u will be selling it lol

yes i will be making sure that it is removed as intact as I can get it so I can recoup some money from it