Thread: quick shift stick help

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

quick shift stick help

hi ppl, i got my stick today but no instructions does any1 know where all the bits i got go ??

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i wrote a How to on it mate, its not great but it may help. As for parts that come with the stick, one O ring isn't needed, the blue pivot isn't needed as long as you are careful with the original one, and the spring is the obviously to fit under the knob to keep the lift-up reverse collar pushed down.

Quick how to on fitting short shift gear stick.

Frist job remove the center console, ash tray, gear + hand brake gaiter.

To remove ash tray undo the 2 middle screws and pull it out

Then pull out the small part which has the heated seat switchs, TC button etc. This just pulls off. The section around the gear stick then needs to be unscrewed.
    To get to the screws use a flat head screw driver to remove the panel under the handbrake which is just clipped in. This will leave you with this

Cut the cable tie on the gear stick gaiter and lift it over the gear knob.

The whole black center console section then needs to be removed. This is held in with just 5 screws as shown in this pic

This will leave you with this

Lift out the 2 white clips circled in red, + the round black clip circled in blue. Also removed the rubber 0 ring from under the black clip and keep it safe.

Push out the black pin circled in blue. It pushes out towards the passengers door. Either keep this peice safe, or you can replace it with the blue one which comes with the new stick, however if using the new one you will also need to buy a C clip to fit on to it.

Next push down on the section circled in blue, this will pop the cable off the button ball joint of the stick.
    Then lift the stick upwards and pull towards the drivers door, to release the stick from the white lever. The stick should then lift out.

Next grease up the new stick like so.....

I found fitting the new stick into the bottom ball joint a bit of a pain. So removed the bottom ball joint and fitted it to the stick. Then pushed the whole lot back through the hole, remembering to refit the grey plastic cup from the old stick onto the new one, (the cup which goes around the main ball of the stick)

After the stick is in, and slotted into both top and side joints, put the pivot back through the white lever, and refit the rubber O ring

You then need to refit the round plastic clip circled in blue on 4th pic down. To do this you have 2 options, buy a new clip, or cut your old gear stick in half and refit the original one.

You can then start to put the car back together

and should finish with this, remember you will need a new cable tie to hold the gearstick gaiter on with.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

remeber this is for the US cars so it's a wee bit different but the process is the same

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to confirm, is this for the F23 box?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes it is.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking short shift.

just a quick thanks for putting the pics of how to do short shift fit.found it really helpfull in fitting my shifter. thank matey.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    jus thought id drag this post back up but what grease is that that has been used as after fitting my quickshift it cud do with being greased up as its a little stiff

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The grease i used is a model engineering grease that I bought originally to be used in the diffs on my RC car. Works fine on the quickshift, felt pretty stiff for the first week, but now is slicker than a hookers .............

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what grease would u recommend then as i have no idea lol,wot grease is on the ball joint on the standard gearstick when it comes from the factory?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)