Thread: Lack of bass on DVD

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lack of bass on DVD

Right I've got this problem that is bugging the poo out of me and can't find a solution.

Some DVDs I play on my Alpine D310 HU (via Alpine H701 processor) don't play any bass what so ever. Other DVDs play completely normal with all ranges covered, however some won't.

I'm sure its a setting somewhere in the Headunit or EQ but I can't work it out, and I can't be having a lack of bass.

Any ideas?
    LM Audio - Knebworth Herts - 01438 812444

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have a play around on the h/u with the bass engine mate, theres settings in there for compressed media which increases base ect for different types of media, cant think of the name for it off the top of my head though.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on the sound format of that the disk has on. Play with the button near the display button, sorry its name eludes me at this present moment but it is the one that changes from Dolby digital, to DTS to prologic 2 etc. Oh and moley that Function you are thinking about is MX, have a play with that too Jimmy. One thing it takes a good play around with the PXA701 before you really start to get a feel for what does what and how one thing shapes the sound etc. Took me a little show and tell by Alpine in there CLS before I finally though hey this is easy enough, just give yourself a day. And then get LM to RTA your setup and then play around some more till you are entirely happy. It is all good fun!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Basil, I was guessing it was something to do with the DD and MX settings, will go and have a play around later on.

I'm booked in for a couple days next week to get all IASCA and EMMA proofed and RTA tuned.

Already entered in to Auto Audio (EMMA) end of the month, Ripspeed Donny (IASCA) and then Car & Sound (EMMA). Fingers crossed!
    LM Audio - Knebworth Herts - 01438 812444