AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Issues fitting a remus Centre?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I just wanted your guys advice.

I am just about to purchase a new centre section for my 2.2 hatch to give it a little bit more noise.

I was going to just purchase a remus, before i did i called a few places and no one wants to fit it for me so, it looks i will do it myself.

I have heard alot of people have had issues fitting the remus due to the welded on nuts and spring bolts.

This is the only thing that is putting me off from buying the remus.

So i dont know weather to just buy the remus and give it ago or try a Cybox one?

Any advice welcome if you have fitted either a remus or a cybox?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I (like a few others) had issues with the welded on nuts being out of alignment - i had to eventually run a tap thru them and use the old bolts as the new ones were too "new" if that makes sense.... I also had to chop off a few of the coils on the springs to make it fit.

I say try the Cybox one or indeed lots of the others that are flooding the marketplace. Personally I would be tempted to try this guy: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1...ssZgt3exhausts

I run one of his backboxes, I know a few ppl on Corsa-C use his full systems too and Im fairly sure he can source a straight thru pipe for the Astra G as he can for other models in the griffin range. Might be another option to consider - excellent customer service and fast delivery

HTH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I had a similar prob with getti the old bots off, but the race pipe I bought had the threads stripped so couldn't use new bolts, even aftre buying the new ones.

In the end I got some nuts and long bolts and used the springs from the old bolts to attach it all together.

You should soak them in plenty of WD40 the day before, then try and geth them off. Or use isilated heat on the bolts, and as a last result get the gringer out to cut then off.

If your race pipe is new, just get some new bolts and also soem u-clamps from Vauxhall and re-fit the REMUS
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here