Thread: Another seatbelt question

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face Another seatbelt question

I'm having a minor issue with my driver's seat belt.

First off, it rattles. The bit the clip goes into on the seat rattles going over bumps.

Secondly, probably related - when I press the red button to release the seatbelt, it won't release until I wiggle the clip about and then it opens.

I'm obviously going to need a new seatbelt, and I know it's going to be a seat out job, but my main question is the pretensioner. Is it easy enough to change that part of the seatbelt without upsetting the pretensioner?

Then again, another part of me says replace the whole seat, as the arse is falling out of this one, and I managed to break the lumbar support the first 2 minutes I was in the car.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Piece of piss to remove - obviously its a seat out jobbie but its just held in place with 1 torx bolt.

As with any airbag related part just treat the pre-tensioners in the same way - ie keep key out of ignition until the job is fully finished.

If u want some new tensioners Ive got a pair removed from a '98 model in perfect condition if u want em. They are the originals off mine but Im running Vectra seats now.