Thread: Warranty

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Warranty

My zaffy comes with a 3 month warranty from the dealer, but he has been on the phone trying to flog me a 3 year warranty at £750, i've scouted about a bit and i've found a decent enough( If they are really) warranty for £350 for the same period.

I had warranty years ago and seem to remember most faults were classed as wear and tear....what are your thoughts people are they worth the paper they are written on, and if so who has performed well, all info greatly appreciated

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Network Q warranty is excellent, had a new clutch, brake pads and Turbo out of it so far, not sure about other warranties though,

Andy

Status
    Club Team
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its best to make shure you readthe properly a friend of mine bought a new scooby and his clutch went in 18mths and it wasnt covered wasnt worth the paper it was written on
    Arden Blue Zafira Gsi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Tough one really, is it worth spending another £750 on an extended warranty, hmm. Suggest wherever you gat you warranty from to read the small print very carefully.

I've had a few bits done under my standard warranty but its been a bit of a battle getting them to do it, took 3 trips for them to agree and sort my tracking issues and 3 times to sort my waterpump (and consequently, cam belt)
    Each trip was 70 miles in total, plus my time, so knowing what I know now about my particular dealer, theres no way i would fork out the extra money on the extended warranty and trying to have it honoured/sorted by the particular monkeys I have been dealing with.
    Hopefully your dealer is better.

Warrantys are a good thing, as long as they are backed by a team who actually care abit about you as a customer and know what they are doing!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had A1 service from my Vauxhall service center in Camberley with regards to warranty work ....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

warranty

I can't buy a warranty from network q just checked with the local dealer...right i've copied and pasted below some info from a company called warranty works.

If someone with a good mechanical knowledge could have a quick read and let me know their thoughts...thanks

What Is Covered - Standard (Formerly Powertrain) Car Warranties These car warranties and commercial vehicle warranties cover:
    • Labour Costs
    • Parts Cost
    • Recovery to the garage (maximum £50.00)
    • Car Hire (If the repairs exceed 8 hours)
    • VAT (if you are not VAT registered)
    The maximum amount that each claim can be is set by the policy limit (e.g. £150), During the life of the policy you can make numerous warranty claims that can total up to the value of the car, but individual warranty claims cannot exceed the policy claim limit. More details from the Motorplan book are listed here: - What parts are covered?
    We insure You against loss due to Mechanical Breakdown of certain parts during the period of cover. Only the parts specifically listed under each heading are insured. If a part is not listed as being insured, then it will not be covered. The most We will pay
    Please see the Proposal Form for the maximum amount We will pay. The amount includes parts, labour and VAT ( if You are not VAT registered ) and any benefit from the Extensions to Cover shown overleaf. Engine
    Rocker assembly, inlet and exhaust valves, valve guides and springs (excluding burnt valves and decokes , cylinder head (excluding cracks and overheating damage), head gasket, head bolts, push rods, camshaft and cam followers, timing gears, chains and tensioner, oil pump, pistons and rings, cylinder bores, gudgeon pins, con rods and bearings, crank shaft and bearings, oil seals and bushes, inlet and exhaust manifolds, fly wheel and ring gear, distributor drive, oil cooler. Timing belts are insured if there is proof that the manufacturer's replacement recommendations have been complied with and they are free from oil contamination. Turbo
    The complete unit (including the wastegate, if it is an integral part of the turbo unit and cannot be purchased separately). Gearbox
    Manual

All internal failures of gears, shafts, synchromesh hubs, selectors, seals and bushes, bearings, speedometer drive, overdrive units (when fitted), solenoid, transfer box. Automatics
    All internal failures of gears, oil pump, seals, shafts, bushes, clutches, brake bands, bearings, governors, servos, torque convertor, drive plate, valve block, computer governor, modulator valve, speedometer drive. Continuous Variable Transmissions
    CTX/CVT

All internal failures of clutches, planetary gears, reductions gears, shafts, variable pulleys, thrust link drives, internal seals, bushes and bearings. Drive system (front/rear) Crown wheel and pinion, half shafts, seals, bearings, planet gears, bevel gears, front and rear external drive shafts, constant velocity joints, 4-wheel drive units. Casings
    Cylinder block, gearbox and axle if they have been damaged by a mechanical breakdown of one of the parts insured. Various items not insured
    Air conditioning re-charging, anti freeze, lubricants, filters, transmission fluids, external oil leaks, serviceable and ancillary items such as plugs, points, condenser, distributor cap, rotor arm, core plugs and any parts not listed as being covered by the Plan Extensions to Cover
    1. If We accept a claim, You may also claim the following benefits, but the amount We will pay must not exceed the amount stated on the Proposal Form. You must always get Our authorisation for these costs.
      1. Vehicle hire: We will pay up to £25 per day including VAT for a maximum of 7 days. Car hire is only available when the manufacturer's recommended repair time exceeds 8 hours. The period of hire does not include delays while awaiting the start of repairs or delivery of parts.
      2. Recovery: We will pay for towing charges up to £20 including VAT.
    2. Continental use: Cover is extended for up to 60 days in any 12-month period while the Vehicle is in any country of the EU or EFTA. The most We will pay is restricted to the equivalent UK rate for labour charges, and for parts at the manufacturer's list prices which are current at the date of the claim.
    Additional Notes about these car warranties: London General Insurance Company Limited
    underwrites these car warranties & commercial vehicle warranties. London General Insurance Company Limited
    are registered at the Financial Services Authority (FSA)
    http://www.fsa.gov.uk/ Policy Terms & Conditions

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    The Network Q warranty is excellent, had a new clutch, brake pads and Turbo out of it so far, not sure about other warranties though,

Andy

How many miles had your turbo done and what was up with it Andy?

Perversly, I've been hoping that mine would have gone by now so i could get a new one under warranty, but it cutting it fine as my warranty runs out in a couple of months.

Did you get the VXR turbo fitted?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Turbo was actually fine, it was a leak from the manifold, but they can't change just the manifold as it comes complete with the turbo and actuator.

Standard Turbo fitted, they were investigating a ticking noise from the engine, just gat a call late in the afternoon to pick up the car, when I picked it up they told me what the problem was, so I didn't get the option or chance to ask for a VXR unit.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had a new engine and ancillerys ,rear shocks and quite a bit more with my network q warranty but other warrantys ive had in the past got used as toilet paper as just about everything you need covered isnt !! if you have read the policy and are happy with it make a choice , im sure if something goes very wrong it could be worth a fortune but if the car is very good and you dont feel the need ,its a lot of money to shell out for nothing except piece of mind , choices choices
    1.6 16v zaffy getting there slowly ...............

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bought my GSI through an independant dealer with a warranty from this crowd (motorcare warranties ltd) which is who they deal with.
    http://www.motorcarewarranties.com/s...s/Welcome.html

They put a years warranty on the car for me (£250 cost to the dealer) and I paid an extra £100 to have this extended for as long as I have the vehicle, up to £2000 per individual claim and an overall aggrigated total not exceeding the value of the car. I read the policy quite carefully and for my £100 it covered the majority of mechanical things (your policy seems very similar to mine albeit an intermediary for Motorplan who are a subsiduary for the Aon Insurance group) however the proof will be when it goes in for some warranty work in a couple of weeks time. Like all these things it is only worth it if it pays out when you need it. For me, as long as my warranty pays out for more than £100 of work then I'm ahead, hopefully.