Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Absolute Newbie.......Hello!

Hello to all,

I have literally joined this site less than 1 minute ago, and as yet, do not actually own an Astra.

The reasoning for my premature posting is i would like to ask you all where the best place to buy 1 would be.

I am 21, i live in Gosport. I am eyeing up the 1.6 SXi 5d or the 1.6 Club, i have to say i much prefer the wheels on the SXi (a rather shallow reason i know)

Now, obviously, my nearest place would be Inchcape on newgate lane, but having noticing the many other Vauxhall dealers in the area, i wondered which are best.

Along with Inchcape there is 1 in Pompey, Southampton, Chandlers Ford, Basingstoke etc etc, the list goes on.

I was highly tempted to check out Hartwell in Southampton, as going on autotrader searches, they are consistantly the cheapest around, however, in 5 minutes of being on these boards, i was reading negative comments about them.

Im not after a "New" car, but more of a "New Used" car, something around the 06 plate. It seems more than possible to pic these up for 9k or less.

One last thing, i was contemplating reverse parking sensors and cruise control for it, does anyone have these fitted to their cars?? Are they any good (On Astra's obviously). Also, what is a realistic amount to pay for these. The fella at inchcape "roughly" quoted the cruise control as £300, but in the same breath boasted how it was no more than changing the lever and re-programming the ECU.......£300!!!! Gotta be a wind up!!!!

Thanks for any replies in advance, and i hope to be drving around in my astra soon!!!

Craig

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to AOC Craig

Internet is the best bet, there's probably one or two for sale on here...

Parking sensors are great, had them on my first bus, got an aftermarket sit to fit to my current one
    25 Year old Gte restoration................Started!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello mate im in southsea parking sensors are a waste of time, an astras not a massive car, only get them if your missus drives it

cruise control can be done for £60
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate and welcome to aoc, if i were you i wouldn't use hartwells in southampton i've had nothing but problems with them when i owned my corsa sri, the aftercare form them is useless. and they're half jobs.

But Picadors in chandlers ford are brilliant, i just had service by them on my cabriolet and not only were they £55 cheaper then hartwells, they even hovered out my interior and washed my car, i would highly recommend them to anyone. they were extrenly helpfull and a great bunch of lads..

Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi and welcome

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello and welcome.

I got my first astra from Stevens of Crawley (which is quite a way from us, I know). My second one was a private sale from Gnasher('s wife) from here... that one was up Lincoln way.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's worth travelling for a good one. Anyway, back to the question of dealers... as much as visits to Inchcape upset me, they do have quite a nice selection of cars. I've not really heard much good about Hartwell's in Southampton but smitht works at the Vauxhall dealer in Hythe so it might be worth PMing him for details on that.

I'm fairly local to you and (along with Vauxy) am your regional co-ordinator so if I can be any help then give me a shout.

Cheers,

Steve
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can highly recommend Picadors in Chandlers Ford. If you speak to the sales team speak to Andy - he'll look after you