Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

audio wiring questions

hello all!
    i have a sony minidisc (i know, i know) head unit and i am totally happy with it, but i cant get the standard cd multichanger in the glove box to work with it. Is it possible, or do i need a sony cd changer?
    I have a halfords adapter to make the stereo work, and i also have a Connects2 AOPS003 wiring loom, which i thought would do the trick and also make the steering wheel controls work, but no joy so far!
    Are these the correct wires? Do i need an additional loom for the steering wheel controls?
    Also, when i bought the car, it had the standard stereo system installed, but it had obviously had an amp in it, as the wiring for it is still there. When i had the glove box out, i noticed that it had the connections for the amp there, so i was wondering- is it possible to have an amp situated behind the glove box? Is there enough room to locate it there? would it get enough cool air?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    cheers,
    crusty

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no way of linking standard vauxhall cd changer to your aftermarket HU.

The way I read it, the Connects2 AOPS003 you have is for connecting a sony cd changer to a standard HU.

And finally for the amp question, there's not really a lot of room behind the glovebox.....and it would have next to no air circulation....

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    The way I read the info on that connects 2 harness is the same as Coo although I think it only works on older vauxhall headunits
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason