Thread: Redmist diaries!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Redmist diaries!

Well the time has come my friends to write my memoirs and share with the world my moddifing mayhem and trials and tribulations.

It all started with a humble 1.6SXi which after about a year of ownership really took off and ended up looking like this:

It had 19” Fox RS6 Wheels, A full Rieger kit, Morrettes, lowered 40mm, Scorpion Exhaust etc etc and various ICE goodies.

Then after a blast in Coupe_turbo_jon’s silver coupe turbo I was hooked on more power.
    What should I see driving round town for sale that very same week but a Flame red Astra Coupe Turbo!!! It was low mileage (27K) full leather interior, unmodified and I bargained him down to a lovely price. It looked like this:

A few days later and most of the parts were swapped onto the car except for suspension and wheels which I swapped for Koni adjustable coilovers and Team Dynamic 18” Zetas.
    A quick trip to courtenays only weeks later to fit CS1 and a rossi sports cat I was making 247 BHP!!!!

I had a few decent days out of it namely a rolling road day at well lane in Batley Leeds. Pride of place at Astrasports stand at the North East Motorshow:

Then came the biggest change to my modding life yet, I got married!!!! I knew financially it would be tight so instead of selling the whole car I decided to just sell the parts and attempt to keep the car.

Thankfully I kept the car and here it stands today!
    It has -25mm springs, resprayed lower grill, the Courtenay engine mods still pushing 243BHP and a DVD system.

Future mods will be a stainless steel Scorpion Backbox and the wheels refurbed.
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    CS1: 243 BHP 257 lb/Ft Torque

Check Out Redmist's Story!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Exhaust

So after my standard back box rusted so bad that one of the holding brackets fell off completely, I decided it was time to swap it! I'd seen the Scorpion Evo R on lmf so after seeing that it only cost £11 more than a standard replacement I placed the order on tuesday morning. By wednesday lunch it had arrived (WOW!!)
    and by wednesday teatime I'd fitted it:

The right bracket will need re-hammering into its correct position after I had to move it to stop the previous box banging on the spare wheel guard. but all in all it looks the nuts in my opinion!!!

Driving it to work this morning and it makes a really lovely deep throated rumble and even at high revs it keeps its dignity!!!
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A quick update, here's a list of modifications I should have ready for PVS!!

- Wheel refurb in dark shine (a first for the bodyshop!)
    - FK Coilovers, set to xtra low!
    - Experimental rear wing height change! Come see how your standard
    coupe spolier would look, just that little bit higher!
    - Showplates, nothing fancy but still cool!
    - Monaro LS1 V8 RWD conversion, if I've got time this weekend!

List above is only a guide and is subject to change at the owners will with no prior consent needed. Similarities with other car projects dead or alive like name or subject matter are purely coincidental. No animals, green eyed monsters or fantasy cartoon characters were harmed in the making of this modified car, however some minor accidents involving insects have occured, the legal proceedings of which are currently underway.
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Latest Update:

Ok so here is the progress pictures of the above statement:

Rear showing new wheel refurb, coilovers and Unique boot spoiler lifters:

Front: (Not a flattering picture I must say!)

Engine bay: (Just for kicks)

I have the cone filter on because it seemed to get rid off the top end tail off I expierienced, will have to wait for a RR to confirm!
    (When I fitted the scorpion backbox, I felt a loss of top end power which the cone seemed to balance out !?!?!?!?! Could be a placebo tho!)
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Headlights!

Ok so after recieving my summer bonus, I decided to bite the bullet and buy one of my favourite mods for the mk4 Astra!!!!

MORRETTES!!!!!

Eventually I may paint the brow red as I used to have!
    Astra Coupe Turbo