Thread: your thoughts...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

your thoughts...

i wanted all the locals to me to give me their thoughts than everyone!
    option one or option two...

the situation i am in, getting a load to fix my car, but otherwise dont have a huge amount of cash. i dont want any worse fuel economy than i have already...

option one.
    keep my car and use money left from the loan, to clear other debts away, and have all my debts going to one bill rather than loads of random ones, then ill have a bit of money left from that, that i can tidy up my car.
    • new tailgate
    • new exhaust
    • gsi/reiger front bumper
    • new skirts and new rear valance
    • and the biggest polish and wax and polish and wax and so on that you would ever have witnesased...
    also i will be cleaning out my engine whilsts its open, eg cleaning all the pistons out, the throttle body, inlet manifold etc etc etc, probably getting more mpg and maybe BHP if lucky.

option 2

fix my car and then trade her in as she is, and use the rest of the loan towards another car. than i have even more debts, and id go for a bigger engine resulting in more running costs...

option one seams the right one to go for...
    even tho if i went for a new car it would be an astra...
    ASTRA COUPE 2.2 16V, FULL CAT BACK EXHAUST AND DBLIAS FLOWMASTER KIT!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    option 1 sounds gud, i know the dilemma ure in. its hard trying to pay off a loan early when u want to mod ure car so much!
    carry on paying loans, slowly save to pay loan off but dnt save too much so u cant mod ure car!! lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    option one, but dont get a high interest loan paying back loans with smaller interest
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also i will be cleaning out my engine whilsts its open, eg cleaning all the pistons out, the throttle body, inlet manifold etc etc etc, probably getting more mpg and maybe BHP if lucky
    Why ???... you may cause more damage unless you know what you're doing....

To get better mpg etc put some upside down drawing pins on your accelerator pedal and drive barefoot
    Seriously though, just drive like a taxi driver, dont rag it, just calm and gentle.

As for the money side, pay off what you can, spend minimum on your car, ie just get it going well, dont worry too much about cosmetics, any car can look great just clean and polished.

Final alternative - sell up and buy a cheaper car...there are members on here who have done that to pay off debts etc, then they get an astra when they are much better off.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i said about mpg as a few of the region members will know, my car is really really poor for mpg, works it out at like 29mpg when i drove like a granny for the week after hurting my ankle, i barely drove atall due to the risk of having to do a emergency stop, not having the strength to apply the right pressure on brakes. but i needed to get to work so...

but drove like a granny, mpg was still as bad.
    ASTRA COUPE 2.2 16V, FULL CAT BACK EXHAUST AND DBLIAS FLOWMASTER KIT!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'd go for the first option, its not all bout enigine size, i'd rather have a smaller engined car that looked really nice and i was happy with then a bigger engine with more running costs that i resented buying after a couple of months,
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox