Thread: New Headunit, recommendations.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Headunit, recommendations.

Hey guys, i'm just on the lookout for a new headunit, currently using the standard cdr500 thing in my astra g.

Have seen the Pioneer P55BT, and have used it before, like the look of it, and the bluetooth functionality, aswell as the multiple colour settings, which will go with my soon to be red lit interior.

However i would like to know if I have any other options of a similar quality in the price range £150-175, and what else would i need to get to help me fit it, ie iso/steering controls etc.

Thanks

SoliD.
    2004 Performance Blue Ford Mondeo ST220

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I don't think any other headunit is quite as compact as that pioneer one with the bluetooth built in and they seem to be bloody good value for money

The headunit will come with ISI connectors on it so it will plug straight in all you have to get is the steering wheel control adaptor if you want and again that will just plug in. Simple really

Have a look at the sticky's at the top of this forum for what parts you need to order
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    I don't think any other headunit is quite as compact as that pioneer one with the bluetooth built in and they seem to be bloody good value for money

The headunit will come with ISI connectors on it so it will plug straight in all you have to get is the steering wheel control adaptor if you want and again that will just plug in. Simple really

Have a look at the sticky's at the top of this forum for what parts you need to order
    Merci Beaucoup, I thought it was very competitively priced. So will be ordering this tomorrow

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well Got this beauty coming tomorrow with some luck, just wondering which is the best way to route the microphone, my friend has one in his Leon and routed it up to the sun visor, wondering if this is possible with the astra and if so is there a how to or similar lying about someone could point me in the direction of please.

Thanks

SoliD

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In the manual it recommends either the sun visor or behind the steering wheel, i think the steering wheel option would most likely be the easiest and most practical. Saying this i could be wrong and would love to know what you find is the best way as im hoping to get one of these headunits soon when i get a new phone as my previous phone broke and im having to use an old one that dosent even have bluetooth!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dunno i want to mount mine hidden obviously, thats what i was after if anyone had done this and had a little guide

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ran mine up to the blanking plate where the grab handle would be above the drivers door, I've just stuck it on there with a bit of sticky pad.

As I had the glovebox out anyway to fit the iPod kit I ran the mic cable down through there, up the door, accross the dash tucked in at the base of the windscreen and then up the rubber seal around the drivers door - pretty tidy fit.