Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Apexi Power intake induction kit on a NA Engine

Hi all

I just wanted to tell you all that this morning I fitted my Apexi power intake induction kit to my Z18XE and WOW

There seems to be loads of threads on how well they are on Z20let's but none on NA engines.

The noise is unbelievable and sounds amazing changing through gears. I gave my car a good bash today, motorway, a road and in traffic to see if there was any issues with heat soak.

There was no discernable pause in moving in heavy traffic, and above 3,000 rpm your flying. Car was a bit zippier compared to veccy C above this range.

Low range with a cool engine car ran fine as normal, in heavy traffic a tiny judder but nothing out of the ordinary.

If you can go for it, but this thread is here if you want me to answer any questions as I can't seem to see any threads for this topic. Could be blind though
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where you get it from mate and how much was it? if you dont mind, cheers.
    Drives : Astra Mk4 1.8i 16v Sport
    Wanted : Coupe front Bumper (Cash Waiting!!)
    Wanted : Standard 1.8 airbox, will swap for K&N!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes i was wondering the same have you got any pics or a cold air feed running to it cheers spike
    Astra Coupe SE2 - lowered , de-restricted and soon to be mapped NEW WHEELS ***autobiography below***
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=334120

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this thread is worthless without pictures....

(waits for someone to post the obligatory picture )
    Astra VXR in Star Silver - Officially the 2nd Rarest Colour

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sure thing guys.

To begin with I got it from ebay, you can buy the induction intake here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Apex...QQcmdZViewItem

Although I hear bad things about overseas sellers like it takes ages to arrive etc. Luckily I got mine from a UK ebayer so got mine in a few days.

You also need an adaptor to fit the kit onto the MAF.
    Heres one from my completed auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...3455&rd=1&rd=1

As I had the existing Veccy C pipe and airbox job before you can use the lower part of the veccy c pipe to join the adaptor directly to your MAF, although I am going to replace this with a silcone hose.

At the moment, I have no cold air feed and the top part connecting the veccy c pipe to the maf is secured by duck tape!

This is because there wasn't any 90mm hose clips handy but I should get this sorted soon.

I intend to get a dbilas flowtec intake for the cold air feed just because its a bit more secure than a veccy c.

Pictures tommorrow when its not to dark, but I tell you although I haven't RR'd it to see if there is any drop in performance the noise and drive far outweigh this already. Best £60 odd quid I've spent on tuning my car I think.

Bad thing is I thought it wouldn't be great so I only insured my car with this mod for the day and then I was going to take it off. So I can't drive my car tommorrow or Monday until I speak to them and tell them to add it on my policy!
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haulme View Post
    Hi all

I just wanted to tell you all that this morning I fitted my Apexi power intake induction kit to my Z18XE and WOW
    I can vouch for this, fitted mine the other day! (On a ZLET though I imported mine from the USA so it comes with the genuine A'pexi branded adaptor. Check my post for pics:

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=97230

I bought two kits from America so if anyone is interseted, check the Ebay links section.