Thread: Urgent: Advice needed regarding water header tank hose leak..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Advice needed regarding water header tank hose leak..

Okay today, driving to work, saw some steam coming from left side of engine.

got to work, and the hose had popped off (the one at the front of the water header tank)

Tried to get it back on, for it to come off again on the way home tonight..

ages later trying to fix it, and wondering around random places trying to find pliers, i found a set and temp fixed it.

Now my issue is, i need to get to work in the morning and the metal insert that goes into the plastic tank wont stay in, or at least not for a long time

Any ideas how to get this to stay put? The clamp on it seems fine, but just doesnt hold it, thinking either silicone, or super glue?

Comments please, else I cant get to work
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    super glue
    Insignia CDTI 160
    200bhp DTUK
    2007 Suzuki GSXR for the weekends

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you have any ptfe plumber tape, or even some insulation tape to wrap around the bottle pipe to make it fatter? - then re-attach the coolant pipe with clip etc.?

Another alternative is - is there another clip that you can rob somewhere temporarily to replace the one that you are using?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ahh, didnt think of plumber tape, got some of that in the garage i think. Phoned vaux for prices on new bits, hose is £10ish, and the actual tank is £18.85 The only thing i think i need is the pin in the middle (that sticks into the hose and then into the bottle) can anyone confirm if this is an individual part, or part of the bottle or hose ? the bloke i spoke to was a bit unsure
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it is part of the bottle and should stay bonded in.
    Insignia CDTI 160
    200bhp DTUK
    2007 Suzuki GSXR for the weekends

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ahhh new bottle time then i think.

the super glue and silicone helped, it got me to work and back, but ive just checked now im back home,and water is beginning to seep through the silicone :s

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine done this a while ago and basically super glue will hold it for a day or so but because of the heat and pressure it just blows again tbh plumbers or ptfe tape wont work mate new bottle time
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine did it too and the nice AA man super glued mine.

Lasted about a week before it poped off again but by then I had a new header tank (Not loads from Vauxhall)
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if ive got to get a new header tank, are there any better ones, not the chrome ones, but is there anymore choice other than the standard z20let one ?