Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tech 2 gods needed CDC40

As the title says

i have a CDC 40 Opera which on Blaupunkt's web site says it is RDS ready but its not turned on in my car , now i have beed told that it can be turned on via the magic tech 2 i have the GID display with climate, BC etc

so went to my local Holden man and he had a quick look and then shook his head and went back to lunch

2 questions

1.Can it be turned on or have i been told porkies

2.What is needed I.E what menu etc is it stored in so i can tell Holden what to do

so tech 2 gods i need help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty sure that this is done from the headunit itself and not via tech2. I will check for you tomorrow.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right then sorry for the delay.

So on your radio use the big dial to select the radio submenu i.e. the one showing the radio frequency. Now then push the tuner button to bring up the tuner menu and then push the settings button. In the list of options you should have RDS. Select this using the big dial. Puch the big dial in and activate the RDS. Should be job done. Anyhow all explained in the Manual for the CDC40.

If not only then do you need to get Holden to Tech2 it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks mate you are a legend

Holden use a cut down version of the instruction book mine has no mention of rds at all

but will try this cheers again

(well just tried this and the only menu i get is for volume settings no RDS so im either in th e wrong menu or it needs mr Holden to do there stuff)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you not get a menu that has four options listed namely,

RDS
    REG
    DAB (this is greayed out so you cannot select it)
    Volume?

If not then either Holden have deactivated these via Tech2 or you have a different version of the CDC40 in Aus/New Zealand which has these options deleted altogether (which would not suprise me TBH).

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cdc40 help!

Hi,

i have a 2005 vauxhall astra 1.9 cdti.

i have a cd30 mp3 currently installed.

i would like to replace this with the cdc40 opera.

i am right in understanding that this has a 6 cd front loader AND dab radio?

if so would there be any problems in me simply removing the current system and replacing it with the new cdc40?

the unit that i am being offered has the manuals and codes with it so wanted to know if i would have any problems.

feedback please as i am a first time poster!

thank you

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Firstly, has the CDC40 been un-programmed from the original car it was in. By un-programmed it has to be done via tech2 in the original car and needs to be set to 0000. Your car needs to have the GID installed in it to work properly (i.e. the one that comes with the CDC40 and not with the Climate control, they are different), without it do not bother cause it will not work properly.

Lastly I am fairly certain that you need to have the computer functions present and hopefully the wiring. If you have all this then then you will need to get it programmed into your original car.

Yes, the CDC40 is a 6 disc cd changer 99% of them do not have MP3 functionality (check the front of the CDC40 if it has MP3 then it does). No there is no Dab on them without the additional module and with this you need the wiring and the Dab aerial as well. They are higher power units and have a built in equaliser.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Forgot to mention that as of MY2008 the majority of CDC40 units are now CDC40MP3 units. So yes they can finally play mp3 discs on all the discs in the changer. Oh and please do not ask if you current CD40 without mp3 can be enabled cause the answer is no!