Thread: fitiing 12inch sub in a cabriolet????

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

fitiing 12inch sub in a cabriolet????

hi i've got a 12 inch sub and amp kicking bout doing nothing so i was thinking about installing it in my astra cabriolet this weekend.

the thing is would it be worth doing because of the boot of the size of the boot, would i actually hear any bass from the sub, has anyone else installed a sub in a cabriolet and work???

also i don't really fancy taking the seats out of the car to run the wires through, so is there any other way of running the wires through the car,

cheers
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could go down to Sextons in Soton and have a look at mine. I havent even seen it yet so if you do see it let me know how it looks.
    What they have done is put a 10inch in the boot in a custom box and removed the ski hatch so that if you drop the rear arm rest down the sub fires through in to the car.
    I didnt initially want a sub thumping away in the boot to itself as thought this would be pointless but when Ed at Sextons gave me this idea I thought it would be a good one as the bass is actually coming in to the car.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea never thought of that, were bouts in southampton is sextons, to be honest i didn't even know there was a sextons in southampton.
    Lowerd,tints, irmscher grill, irmscher back box and remus cs, courtney panel filter, veccy c mod, deristricted airbox

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its just over the Itchen bridge.

I am away for a few days so have left the car there so it may not be completely finished but if you do see it hopefully it will give you the general idea

Address is unit 5, city commerce centre, marsh lane, so14 3ew

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers paul might pop down saturady, you think there mind me havin a look??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I shouldn't see why they would mind - have a word with the main guy Ed tell him that you want to look at it and I'm sure he'll let you. (perhaps if you tell him you want some work done and tell him I sent you I may get a bit of discount when I pick it up too )

Like I said I am away for a bit, G&B have finished trimming all the interior so basically Sextons have a bit of their work to finish on it which they may have done or may not do until nearer when I get back next week so they are just effectively babysitting it for me at the moment. But hey its not that far for you to go.