Thread: Insurance (Yes that old "chestnut")

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Insurance (Yes that old "chestnut")

Right

I have currently got a 2.2 SRI (Standard apart from a set of different tail lights) and a 1.6 SXI (Standard apart from tail lights, exhaust box and the interior plastic trim), which are insured on Admiral Multiquote for a reasonable sum.

Now I have been looking at ditching the 1.6 for either a van or a GSi - and I think I may have found a good candidate for the GSI swap

I currently have 2 yrs no claims on one car (SXI) and none on the other, no accidents. Would insuring through someone like adrianflux make a great price difference despite the lack of mods? Do they discount at all for having two cars?

Admiral have said they are actually only going to charge another 200 quid to insure the GSI which isn't bad - so in total the insurance would cost 1700 for a year for both (and that isn't bad considering my Diabetes an a small accident 4yrs 10 months ago )

Want to know before biting the bullet and getting the GSi what other peoples experiences have been with multiple car insurance quotes and whether a great price difference would be had changing insurers?

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Please feel free to give us a try at Adrian Flux, as we do discounts for second cars, limited mileage etc. They will have to be insured on two separate policies but both will be earning ncb. If you would like a member of our underwriting team to contact you then please pm me your details.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX View Post
    Please feel free to give us a try at Adrian Flux, as we do discounts for second cars, limited mileage etc. They will have to be insured on two separate policies but both will be earning ncb. If you would like a member of our underwriting team to contact you then please pm me your details.

Thanks
    Wasn't expecting that!

When I get my car details together I will drop a PM over for a quote!

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    i have just been on the phone to my insurance company and i have a sri-turbo insured with them and am insuring a 1.8 sri with them and i will be paying £800 on the turbo and £570 on the sri at the age of 20. they are also letting me use my 3 years no claims on both cars on seperate policy's and give a discount for insuring 2 cars. well happy with them.

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    who are you with again kev?
    previous car - SRI Turbo
    new car - Focus RS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeh - what insurance company is that with?

Been at funeral all day today - will be doing a few quotes over the weekend and also thinking about cars