Thread: Surely not been done by Vxl Salesman??

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Surely not been done by Vxl Salesman??

I bought a 2 month old Astra from Vauxhall last week, and as part of the deal the salesman said he would throw in a £300 "Permashine" pack (protects paint from fading etc.) which should have a 3 year guarentee.

When I came to pick the car up I was told that the Permashine had been applied and all the receipts and everything was in the manual in the car. Thinking nothing of it I drive off.

Out of curiousity I flicked through the manual and documents to try and find the receipts and guarantee .....and found nothing!! So I went to the garage and saw another salesman and asked him if you got a "permashine" maintenance pack for after care, and sure enough I should have!

I phoned up the next day and spoke to the salesman who sold me the car and he said "ohh sorry i must have forgot the pack, phone on Monday and i'll get you one" I phoned up and guess what......."Give me a few, more days" tried again today "I've been off for a few days, i'll phone you when it's ready"

As there are no receipts and no aftercare pack I don't recon he's applied the protection, even though he said, infront of me and two mates, that it was all sorted, I know it's only a £300 paintjob but he's already got £12,500.00 out of me!!!!

Rant over

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ring up the dealer and have a complain about him to his manager and it should getv sorted

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As has been said speak to someone else higher up if he isnt being helpful. Is there no mention of this "permapack" on the invoice for the car? Its unusual for a supplementary invoice to be made for something that is being included in the deal, it will usually show on the main invoice. Is there no care pack with the car? again most of these types of products come with a customer after care pack with some shampoo etc. to look after the car once its out.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope nothing mentioned on any of the receipts or anything, I wouldn't mind if he had said to me "Sorry, i forgot to apply the permashine, i'll get it sorted for you" but he's said that it's been applied, but no proof of it whatso ever!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Id give him one more chance, giving him a warning that if he doesnt sort it within the week its going higher, then see what happens, after a week go to see his boss. No point getting him in trouble and making enemies if it can be avoided.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    As said i would give him one more chance and if you get No Were, ask to speak to his manager and if you still have no look refer it to Vaux customer Service!
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED