Thread: multiple car insurance?

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

multiple car insurance?

Do you have to have a seperate policy for each car you own? Or can you combine two cars on one policy? perhaps/hopefully keeping your premium the same, or maybe even reducing it?

Essentially, it should be reduced right? If you add another (cheaper) car, which you are quite likely to spend most of your declared annual mileage in.

if not, then its daft, though i somehow expect you have to pay full whack for another car. Car insurance is an unreasonable beast.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think there are schemes now that mean you can share insurance cover over a couple of cars, but I beleive its designed for cars regestered in different names IE a house hold of cars, Dad, Mother, brother etc.

I have a couple of cars insured with Adrian Flux and they all have seperate policies but they did take into account my NCB and gave me a decent discount on all the policies.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Direct line offer quite a big discount...well they did for me as there are 4 cars in the house (not all mine!) and we have conents cover with them too.
    X20XEV Gsi Now sold but now have a Corsa GSi C20XE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a few companies do these policies. But i dont think you will get very far with just 2 cars, if you had 5+ then you could try a family fleet policy, which is good if you have alot of drivers. But then again there arent many insurance companies that do them Footman james do a family fleet policy. you should be able to get a second car discount if its just you and wife/partner driving if you have max NCB on ur other car.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Loads of companies allow you to insure more than one car, but they certainly won't make it cheaper than insuring just the one. Granted you will have a second cheaper car probably for raking the miles up, but there will still be two vehicles, 2 chances of theft etc. Be cheaper than insuring them seperately though.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just insured my mk4 astra and my Rover 216 covertable with adrimal. They offer a muticar policy. They give you 35% discount on the second car. I am paying £1200 a year for both of them. That not bad as when i had single quote the astra was about £650 and the rover about £950 a year with others. so i think i had a good deal