Thread: Today's (wet and messy) pics (SXi 1.8)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Today's pics (new twin tail exhaust)

Hey guys

I think a few of you will have seen my car in previous posts and pics, I do intend at some point to put together a diary from the day of the crash through to where the car is now, but for today this post will have to suffice!

Since the last pictures, the rear of the car now has a spoiler which I got from eBay for £60 + postage, and a custom made exhaust made by an excellent company in Rochdale in the North West, T.G. Silencers (Tom Greenwood).

The exhaust has one box, it would have had one either side / tail pipe however the fuel pipe was in the way, or so the chaps tell me. I'm by no means mechanically minded, I leave my car to other people and just enjoy driving and owning it. I do plan to learn though, get some oil on my fingers

Anyways, some pics...

If the weather wasn't so damn rubbish today, I was going to get the hairdryer out and smooth the rear, but God forbids it happening this Sunday, day of rest and all of that lark I guess

Note

I know it needs lowering!

Soon I'll be ripping the JDL front bumper off and placing the official Astra G GSi bumper on in place of it, which isn't half as deep. Once it's on, I'll be dropping it 30mm at least on Eibach's, which should be the iceing on the cake.

Closely followed by a Dbilas FlowTec Manifold, Road Race Cams, Remap and a few engine aesthetic upgrades (piping kits, custom anodized engine cover etc).

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think (+ / -)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not so fond of the fuel cap and the gsi bumper will look alot better i think but apart from that looking good mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    looks well nice,although as above im not a fan of them tacky stick on fuel flap covers, bit chav imo. but if u like,thats all that counts really

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest, I'm not a lover of it either, it's just my parents bought it me for Christmas as a 'suprise' so obviously I felt obliged to keep it on, but I'll take it off and say the rain worn the glue off

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lmao got to remember that 1 mate nice one

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's nice mate. I like the JDL kit

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    those rear lights look the bizness on that astra coz its black. i missed the opportunity to grab my hands on these, then opted for similar ones but if i get the chance i will get these! looking good mate
    SIGNATURE EDITED : Only paid members can advertise goods.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If I was you, before you do anything you said I'd change the griffin badge for an OPC and debadge the rest. It looks really nice but a bit strange with an Open grille and then a VX badge on the back

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by le4chy View Post
    To be honest, I'm not a lover of it either, it's just my parents bought it me for Christmas as a 'suprise' so obviously I felt obliged to keep it on, but I'll take it off and say the rain worn the glue off
    they will probably go out and buy you a new one!

yea obviusly needs lowering. I like the kit on it tbh, but you wouldnt be able to get over a single speed bump. I like the rear end. deffo debadge and change the griffin to opel.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was going to put an Opel badge at the rear anyway, as like you say, t'does look odd having both brand names either end of the car.

I can't wait to get it lowered though, and I think I'm going off the JDL front bumper, it's too curvasious and shapey, where as the GSi is smooth edged, sharp and looks like muscle

Thanks for all of your comments, and I'm losing the fuel cap