Thread: 3rd service due

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

3rd service due

hi, just a quick question again which has probably been ask thousands of times. My 3rd service is due on my 04 plate astra and still contemplating wheather to go through a crown vauxhall dealer to get it done or a my loyal local garage. vauxhall quoted me £150 and my local quoted me £70 for a standard interm service.

The million dollar question is it worth doing it through the dealer as i may be looking to sell my car in the summer (it will be missed) due to uni and will i get my moneys worth back? i personally dont mind paying the extra now if i know it will make a difference when i sell it. so any help will be appreciated. cheers
    SIGNATURE EDITED : Only paid members can advertise goods.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you may not get the extra £80 or so quid back that you spend extra on the service at Vauxhall but the fact that it has the VX dealer stamp in the book might make it just that little bit easier to sell.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    have the last 2 services been done at vauxhall? If not i would say it isn't worth it. If they have been and your planning on selling it, get a dealer stamp so you can sell it will a FVSH. Should make it easier to sell.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah first done by network q and the second was crown dealer. so i should go for the dealer service to make it easier to sell? yeah i know that blady stamp is worth so much! only if i could buy or make one lol

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well if you have it, you can use it as a bargaining tool when the buyer is trying to haggle the price.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dappa View Post
    yeah first done by network q and the second was crown dealer. so i should go for the dealer service to make it easier to sell? yeah i know that blady stamp is worth so much! only if i could buy or make one lol
    TBH just cos the car has been serviced by Vauxhall, it doesn't mean to say that the jobs been done any better than if you took it to your local non franchised garage.

The VX stamp in the book is desiable come resale time, so you could try making one by cutting a potato in half and carving it about with a stanley knife

My son did this yesterday and he printed off some lovely fish

do a search for potato printing on google.
    Hope this helps!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by montyfox View Post
    TBH just cos the car has been serviced by Vauxhall, it doesn't mean to say that the jobs been done any better than if you took it to your local non franchised garage.

The VX stamp in the book is desiable come resale time, so you could try making one by cutting a potato in half and carving it about with a stanley knife

My son did this yesterday and he printed off some lovely fish

do a search for potato printing on google.
    Hope this helps!
    lol yes i could do or just go into vxl n try n nik one from behind the desk! i know thats why i think the stamp is the only important part when coming to selling because my vxl dealer is a load of crap.. they broke my sidewing mirror becuase the adjuster werent working. b*#*rds !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dappa View Post
    lol yes i could do or just go into vxl n try n nik one from behind the desk! i know thats why i think the stamp is the only important part when coming to selling because my vxl dealer is a load of crap.. they broke my sidewing mirror becuase the adjuster werent working. b*#*rds !
    totally agree with your comments and have often thought of 'aquiring' a stamp by what ever means!

My book got stamped for a 20k service, but no way was it serviced at all, lucky for them they are about 300 miles away from me ( I bought the car up country)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What i did for my last service was just buy genuine vauxhall parts from a dealer (through ebay) and got a genuine receipt from them, fitted all the parts myself and just stuck the receipt in service book, only cost me £40 all in including the oil which i thought was pretty good and only took about an hour or so to service.