Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

advice

hi guys

was reading alot of the other threads about who's got this, and who's done that. i've had my zaffy for 2 years still realy enjoy it!! just got me thinking on the mods so what do i need to get my bus up to 300bhp? also how much? and can it run comfotably @ 300bhp without going tits up all the time?

engine re-maps does it matter who's it done by?
    boost valve ye or nae?
    bigger intercooler needed for 300bhp?

mine is as standard would welcome any advice or ideas

great site cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Personally, my zaf is running a piddlin' 213 bhp and 220lb/ft torque so I,ve obviously not done a great deal of upgrading but 1 thing that is deffinate is that you will need to change your stock intercooler.
    There are lots of cars on here now pushing the 300bhp boundary so if you search the forums you will find info what you need and make your choices based on that.
    As for remappers, the main players are Courtenay, Regal, Thorney Motorsport and The VXR performance centre. I personally would not get my car remapped by anyone who does not possess a rolling road, very important to check ignition and fuelling after a remap to stop your engine going bang. But then again, a rolling road is only as useful/ good as the operator using it.I've known a couple of cars that have been mapped/chipped, rolling roaded and the engine still goes bang after 500 miles because the operator didn't really know what said cars should be fuelling at.
    Search the Z20let engine section well and formulate your own opinions carefully. If your engine goes bang, its an expensive one to replace!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers and thanx for the info will bear that in mind

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thats quite alright.
    like i say have a look at posts, old and new, in the engine section, theres a wealyh of info there1
    Good luck!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    300 bhp is not easy to get at the moment on the Z20LET unless you change the exhaust manifold. This is the restricting factor.

I actually got my to 300bhp breifly with a silly map but it would have gone tits up if I carried on with it, exhaust temps went through the roof. So went back to my previous map and ran a perfecty reliable 275/280bhp.

In real terms, to get anywhere near 300bhp, you for sure will need the following :-

Full exhaust System including Pre Cat pipe and sports cat, Milltek are one of the best.
    VXR Turbocharger or decent stage 2 Z20LET Hybrid
    A good lower front mount intercooler
    VXR Injectors (The engine can run very lean above 270bhp with standard injectors)
    A decent custom re-map. Courtenay, VXR PC and Regal offer the best software for this.

This will get you around the 280/290bhp mark but the limiting factor to break 300bhp is the manifold.

If you add the above hardware and then change the manifold, you won't just break 300bhp, you could easliy get towards 320/330 with another map.

The Dbilas manifold that Regal offer is still an unknown entity and has yet to prove itself to offer the claimed gains.

Courtenay are working on anew manifold and Regal also offer a tubular version I beleive which is very good but expensive.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The F23 gearbox tends to give up at around this point to - so you might need to think about upgrading.

An aftermarket lsd is also something to consider on getting the power down as the std fit one is next to useless.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    personally my advice to you is when ever you re map and start playing wiv the engine etc you will loose reliabilty as for who to go to well go to some 1 close to you and a recomended re mapper as in courtnays regals thornlys etc 300bhp will be an animal you will need a new competition clutch and would recomend a lsd and most certainly you will need a bigger intercooler 1 thing to watch with e maps is the boost there is other ways and better ways to get the power other than running high boost levels as this will bend con rods etc
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    been running 296bhp for nearly 3 years now , had no problems except 2 air flow meters. still on standard clutch.
    am no 9 in total vauxhall league of gentlemen, was no5 once upon a time.
    i use the car every day.
    Audi B5 RS4 Quattro 451bhp. 479lb/ft

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanx guys for the advice much appreciated

so would i be looking at around £1500-£2k mark for MattS spec he gave earlier?

also any of you guys know if you can get angel eyes (halo) headlamps for gsi? seen an astra mk4 with them looked very smart indeed. can't find them anywhere for gsi. anyone know if the astra is the same as zaffy headlamp?

cheers in advance

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice pics davey like the choice of colour SILVER there is only one choice like the twin pipes!! you heading toward the VXR?
    sat in one when first came out did'nt like seating position and where the gear stick is positioned, and if you think our bus is big try sitting in this double decker!!!! mind you thats why they upgraded the engine in the VXR for the power/weight ratio new zaffy much bigger heavier therefore needs more power. not much point in releasing new zaffy if slower than old one.

cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast