Thread: I'm back!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up I'm back!

Well I haven't been online much for quite a while, and even now I'm on dial-up as I still haven't got broadband sorted at the new place (sorry BT still haven't sorted my broadband grr!) but a lot has gone on in the past 6 months.

I quit my job with the evil boss and landed my dream job at another stables, really old traditional yard where everything is done properly and I get thanks and appreciation as well as a slightly higher wage - not big money addmitedly, but I *do* get a gorgeous 2 bedroom self-contained central heated double glazed modern spacious flat with the job (so I live on site, with my boyfriend Brian) No travel to work costs - just go downstairs and there I am lol, it's on a huge estate near Barnard Castle in County Durham, a really big old manor house, rolling parkland and about 1/4 of a mile of driveway lol

As well as the new house and job, I'm now the proud owner of project "scrapheapchallenge2: GLSRi", she's a blue 5 door mk3 very similar to the old one except she hasn't been a write-off, has no sunroof or central locking like scrappy1, older (M reg not P reg) but lower mileage (only 67k - which is exactly the mileage that was on the 2.0i 8v SRi engine that the late Mr_Chris gave me to put in Scrappy. That engine is now in Scrappy2 instead which started life as a merit, but with donor vehicles including a GSi, SRi, LS, belmont, cavalier, calibra and vectra has earned the nickname the GLSRi

Dear old Scrappy1 got down-specced to merit spec (albeit with sunroof and central locking) and sold, funnily enough to a lad who wants to drop a 2.0i 8v in her... oh, and paint her ford focus orange although he's keeping the stickers on her until then as he likes them

Web page with the full story and photos etc to follow but it's taking a while due to this blooming dial-up (uploading has taken me about 3 days so far!) here's a sneak peek though:

I'm back and insanely fast! de-catted, soon to be dropped 60mm, K&N waiting to go on and hopefully a full stainless GSi exhaust system courtesy of Brian's cousin who is swapping his redtop for a calibra turbo at some point.

Anyways, it's good to be back *HUGS* at everyone who helped me through the tough times a few months ago - I know I've been quiet but all the support really helped get me through.

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Add cornholio on Facebook
    Glad every things OK Kirsty. It's about time you got out of that other place. Car looks sweet hun, I'm up barny quite a bit, look forward to seeing you sometime.

Welcome back.
    Astra MkIV 1.6 8v (Z16SE) 2001

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    keep my eyes peeled for you thru staindrop only seen your car twice though. If there's another Orange night out I'll probably come along again though Actually I'm just before Barningham - just off the A66 where the roadworks are by the Morrit Arms hotel. Sometimes go in the Coach & Horses or the Turk's Head in Barney on Thursdays.

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome Back

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    seconded...im glad things have worked out for you huni....your life sounds pretty lush right now
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome back.

I'm glad to hear you made the break from the stables of hell and it's all working out for the better

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome back

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome back Kirst, glad things are finally going your way and things are rosy for you!
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    The new yard sounds lurvley, especially with your own flat

Welcome back

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome back Kirsty, sorry I missed you on MSN the other day.

Car is looking good, more pics needed
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast