Thread: which oil

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

which oil

can i still use 10w40 semi when i get a remap. or is it better so use other oils. and what is reccomended for CS3 remaps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    10w40 is fine, just need to change it regually, i change mine every 3000 miles.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    You'd be better off getting something like 5w/30 Fully synth. 10w40 is a bit heavy for the turbo it prefers to have a oil that can give good protection at low temps and flows easier. I would even go as far to recommend 5W/40 fully synth during the summer. As the 40 part relates to its cooling abilities during the summer time. Have a search for threads started by oilman. Theres a tonn of them but theres more wisdom regarding oil in them threads than you can shake a stick at.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcoupturbo View Post
    10w40 is fine, just need to change it regually, i change mine every 3000 miles.
    what u using matt, as there so much debat bout oil and the zlet,so say 10w/40 others 5w/40. then 0w/40 then 5w/40 sheesh dunno wether coming or going. vaux reccomend 10w/40 semi though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    You'd be better off getting something like 5w/30 Fully synth. 10w40 is a bit heavy for the turbo it prefers to have a oil that can give good protection at low temps and flows easier. I would even go as far to recommend 5W/40 fully synth during the summer. As the 40 part relates to its cooling abilities during the summer time. Have a search for threads started by oilman. Theres a tonn of them but theres more wisdom regarding oil in them threads than you can shake a stick at.
    why with a turbo would you want really thin oil? the intial number its always best to have a low one but why the 30. A turbo engine suffers from huge amounts of heat so if the oil is really thin at this point its not going to offer much protection. Also the 40 part relates to the oil's viscosity at 100'c hence why i made the above point.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im using 10w40 semi synethic vauxhall oil. Its a really good oil, after 1500 miles since my last change my oil is still looking good. If i had baags of money then i wuld consider going up t a 10w40 fully synethic like millers but thats about £40 a pop instead of £18 s no contest really.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm, the oil question for the Z20let always raises a bit of a debate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    £18,shees i get mine trade club so around £7 for 10w/40 semi iirc,lol and its still buy 3 get 1 free too

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The one thing that cracks me up about it is that a lot of people say vaux's 5w30 oil is the best because thats what they recommend. Well they would really wouldn't they as its the most expensive to buy These guys don't know much about tuned cars do they, most give you strange looks when you say you have a 2.2 airbox fitted . As you putting more stress n a turbo the more important it is too ensure its fully lubricated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your laughing then andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast