Thread: New manifold

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New manifold

Just got my new lexmaul manifold from Dan and was looking at mine today and the manifold and cat r one unit. So where do i buy new cat from is a X18XE1 Cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry to but in on your thread mate, but do all x18xe1 have the cat on the mani??

as i didnt think mine did and ive just bought a new cat.
    Drives : Astra Mk4 1.8i 16v Sport
    Wanted : Coupe front Bumper (Cash Waiting!!)
    Wanted : Standard 1.8 airbox, will swap for K&N!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeydabear View Post
    sorry to but in on your thread mate, but do all x18xe1 have the cat on the mani??

as i didnt think mine did and ive just bought a new cat.

Nope - the X designated engines have the CAT built into the front pipe - the Z designated engines have it built into the manifold itself.

If youve just bought a new cat for your engine then it'll consist of a front pipe that runs from the end of the manifold and joins onto the front of the centre section - the CAT will be on this pipe just before the exit flange.

Basically what you have bought is correct - just a little confusion surrounding the X & Z engine if that makes sense

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Humm View Post
    Just got my new lexmaul manifold from Dan and was looking at mine today and the manifold and cat r one unit. So where do i buy new cat from is a X18XE1 Cheers
    I think youll find ur cat and mani are NOT one unit. The CAT and front pipe are one unit though!
    The OE mani on ur car is the big cast part and the CAT itself is located underneath the engine towards the rear of the front pipe.... Check out the following diagrams for the difference between X18 & Z18 - The latter Z18 has the CAT on the mani itself and a replacement would cost several hundred quid as its one complete unit.

A replacement CAT for your engine can be had for less than £100 if u buy a pattern part (click link in my sig) - unfortunately as the CAT and front pipe are combined - youll have to have the pipe cut and the cat removed then welded onto the Lexmaul or maybe weld a 2 bolt flange onto the CAT so it'll connect upto the Lexmaul.

If ur existing CAT is in good condition then have this chopped and modified as above.

X18XE1 Layout:

Z18XE Layout:

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok then well i would like a sports cat as to go with the rest of the exhaust???