Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thoughts and advice please...

hey all,

this is going to be a long one i think...

right basically i want a new car as im fed up with mine, its bringing me bad luck. but i do not want to move from astra's . im after a 1.8 and after several deals falling through and trying to sort things out nothing has happened.

but, i have found a 1.8 16v, 3dr silver astra, its 99 plate and has 104k with service history, 12 months mot and 6 months tax. talking to the guy trying to sort a deal. (trade sale)

currently i have a 1.6 16v sxi, 3dr flame red, 2000 reg, and has 62k with untill last, a full vaux history. has 2 months tax a 8 months mot.

i have done loads of mods etc but keeping most for my new car.

the deal we are thinking of is, a straight swap standard for standard. and giving me around £600 on top...

then in the future i could do an engine change, and at the moment it only put my insurance up £9 so...

am i getting a good deal?i think i am, i know i am going back on car value, but really want a silver 3dr 1.8. 100k is low for an astra ecotec engine. and i could really do with the money right now. plus with summer coming up i dont wanna wax my car every day so it doesnt fade...

all advice welcome...
    ASTRA COUPE 2.2 16V, FULL CAT BACK EXHAUST AND DBLIAS FLOWMASTER KIT!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as long as the car is in good nick and the engine is ok as far as you can tell i cant see why not, seems pretty good deal, basically getting £600 for a year older car with more miles but the engine you want?

personally tho id say if you can hold on wait for a newer post2001 1.8 with the Z18XE so you can get it to regal have a remap and have 140bhp straight away, but that all depends on what you can get for your car and what you have to spend (i just p/x'd my 1.8 in for £2700 so they dont go for much now)
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a silver 1.8 sri for sale.. 2003 model 47,500 miles.. few mods on it already.. looking for 4,500 for it.. ... sorry for the shameless plug..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that sounds like a good deal to me, i dont think you will find a much better one tbh
    PRESTIGE BLUE ASTRA SRI

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I shouldnt be saying it but i just need rid of it.. I bought a new car thinking I would sell the astra easily but it wont shift. So its down to 4,500 now. In the for sale section for more info.