Thread: price to respray an area: 4cm x 90cm

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

price to respray an area: 4cm x 90cm

Any ideas of an average cost to respray something thats about 4cm x 90cm (like a thin rectangle).

Basically the price should include the prep/sanding down too.

I've just been quoted a price of £60 and cant work out if thats a really good price, too cheap or whatever?

Comments?
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £60 sounds okay !

considering, prep, primer, paint etc ...

I would pay that...besides, if you're talking about bump strips - there's a fair amount of work in preparing them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea, it seems a good price. just wasnt sure because another place has quoted me £150 :s

both seem a reputable company though, it was just the big gap between the prices through me off..
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You try V.S.S pal?
    MR2 MK2 G-Limited
    ASTRA LINEA ROSSA

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate, i rang them at lunch time today, and no one answered (prolly because it was lunch time ) but im going to hopefully go up there tommorow for them to give me a quote

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, ask for scott, mention nick in the astra
    MR2 MK2 G-Limited
    ASTRA LINEA ROSSA

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bodyshops usually buy the paint in bulk, so the more you take to get done the cheaper each job can be done for, if you go in with one small job it will work out more expensive as they have to go out of their way to order in a small amount of paint. Recently been in the same situation and had all this explained to me, so i done it myself for a tenner lol
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fred666 View Post
    Bodyshops usually buy the paint in bulk, so the more you take to get done the cheaper each job can be done for, if you go in with one small job it will work out more expensive as they have to go out of their way to order in a small amount of paint. Recently been in the same situation and had all this explained to me, so i done it myself for a tenner lol
    ahh! because i was also thinking of getting my front splitter sprayed at the same time (any ideas on a rough cost for that?) i can ask the bloke when i go back to the bodyshop on monday for the work to be carried out.

I was going to do the splitter myself though originally, but if its not much more expensive, may aswell ask him to do it